Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #151
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Seeing how Emma turned out I wish I could go back in time and prevent myself from ordering the 1st Psylocke PF.

I was so set on completing the line that I was settling for a mediocre sculpt. I knew I wasn't completely in love with her but I needed to have a 1/4 Psylocke. Let's see how much better this one is.

Ahhh Betsy...

A wild west simulator theme park with robot cowboys, indians, and maidens, etc. The robots don't know they are robots but we all know that won't last.
I returned my Psylocke to SS because she was leaning and her thighs were cracking. Glad I did too, because I didn't really like the design or portraits.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #152
SONICobra
Batman

i sold my pf as soon as i saw the new one teased, she has the outfit i want, its fully sculpted and i dont have to strip and repaint it - WIN. and based on the silhouette i love the attitude, hopefully thats what we get... lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #153
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

I'm very interested in seeing what the theme of her base will be/will look like.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #154
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i sold my pf as soon as i saw the new one teased, she has the outfit i want, its fully sculpted and i dont have to strip and repaint it - WIN. and based on the silhouette i love the attitude, hopefully thats what we get... lol
Did you break even? I believe she was under $300

Never mind...checked on eBay and an EX sold for over $1200. Plenty of regulars for over $700-800. What is going on?
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #155
SONICobra
Batman

i actually did break even AND i paid more than retail for her! i bought her to customize to an x-force version so the cracking paint wasnt a huge issue as i planned on stripping it anyway. i was surprised i got as much as i did considering this new one was already teased and the obvious issues it had, oh well - hope she went to a good home
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #156
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Seeing how Emma turned out I wish I could go back in time and prevent myself from ordering the 1st Psylocke PF.

I was so set on completing the line that I was settling for a mediocre sculpt. I knew I wasn't completely in love with her but I needed to have a 1/4 Psylocke. Let's see how much better this one is.

Ahhh Betsy...

I almost pulled the trigger multiple times on the original PF psylocke. I convinced myself to like her, even with the leaning, cracked paint and the portraits i really wasn't in love with. Glad I never bought her. I wonder if the value of the original PF will plummet now with the new psylocke. Also wonder about the aftermarket prices of the emma's now with this new reveal.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #157
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
More skin we would have gotten G-string rather then shorts that covers everything
While i think the one we got is equally as good or better, at the start i was actually hoping we got a pants version...I know, i'll see myself out.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #158
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
While i think the one we got is equally as good or better, at the start i was actually hoping we got a pants version...I know, i'll see myself out.
HAHAHA I think a pants version would have worked really well too. Like someone pointed out before with no belly button showing it makes the statue more classy and I think having the corset as one piece and not lace up gives it a classier vibe as well.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #159
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I always liked her Generation X outfit.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #160
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

This looks good. Glad I held off on the previous versions so I can buy this one.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote