Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #1971
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Warning - Conspiracy Theory:

So, I was wondering why P1 would treat such a lucrative license as The Witcher so badly. Especially those "easy sell" characters like Ciri or Yenn. I noticed that there are other manufacturers making Witcher figures (in smaller scale) like cheap plastic hobbies - but they have essentially the same pose as the P1.

It's clear that CDPR released a general render that was sent to each manufacturer under license and according to the scales they are allowed to produce. I wonder if this is what has lead to P1 attitude. Essentially a lack of creative license, and a way to really distinguish themselves from the competition.

Sure, you can argue that the bases on P1 are more intricate then cheaper, smaller competitors......but lets be honest, who buys these figures for the bases?
I think you’re probably right. I had heard that J wasn’t overly into this one on a personal level. If he didn’t have creative leeway, then that would just put it lower on his priority list. But, hey, they’ve practically all sold eventually. I would love to see the line continue provided quality was produced. I’m all in if so.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #1972
jonylin
Justice League

After getting my pre-order for Ciri cancelled and thinking that I would never get a chance to get her for a reasonable price, I'm so happy to say that my Sideshow waitlist from forever ago actually converted! She finally shipped today after 3 weeks since placing my order. The wait was apparently because Sideshow had to wait to get her from Prime 1, which was surprising because I thought having a waitlist convert from Sideshow after the statue had released meant that they had it in stock and someone decided to cancel their order. I'm wondering if I'm getting one of the last Ciri's shipping from Prime 1? I'm just hoping she turns out to be good!

The tracking info that I got is puzzling though because it says I'm getting 2 shipments... I thought Ciri came in only one box? Can anyone else confirm that for me?

EDIT: Apparently one package is 34.4 pounds while the other is only 1.2 pounds. I have no idea what the 1.2 pound package could be since it's obviously not Ciri.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #1973
jonylin
Justice League

EDIT: My post got duplicated for some reason. If a mod could delete this, that would be great!
Old 11-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #1974
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Lol wow, my waitlist converted over a year ago for Ciri and I still have no shipping in sight. Grats hope you get a good piece
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #1975
flico
Doh!

hehe I'm a day one Sideshow Ciri pre-order and still waiting. For the exclusive if that makes a difference.

When I ordered my first Sideshow statue they sent a welcome book thing. Maybe it's something like that? Ciri 1/4 scale is obviously going to be one box. Recently received Ivy 1/3 scale with the huge base and they somehow fit that in one box.
flico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:12 PM   #1976
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flico View Post
hehe I'm a day one Sideshow Ciri pre-order and still waiting. For the exclusive if that makes a difference.

When I ordered my first Sideshow statue they sent a welcome book thing. Maybe it's something like that? Ciri 1/4 scale is obviously going to be one box. Recently received Ivy 1/3 scale with the huge base and they somehow fit that in one box.
Yup, I called SS and asked about her and they claim that she wasnt in the 1st shipment to the US. But couldnt give me anything else. Bought her on day one. This wait has been super tedious. Almost cancelled a few times.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #1977
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOrigin View Post
Lol wow, my waitlist converted over a year ago for Ciri and I still have no shipping in sight. Grats hope you get a good piece
Quote:
Originally Posted by flico View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
Yup, I called SS and asked about her and they claim that she wasnt in the 1st shipment to the US. But couldnt give me anything else. Bought her on day one. This wait has been super tedious. Almost cancelled a few times.
Wait so all three of you guys ordered Ciri from Sideshow a while ago and none of your orders have shipped yet? That doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe it's because you guys aren't from the U.S. which is where I'm ordering from?

This is the first item I'm ever receiving from Sideshow so I guess it must be the welcome book that you're referring to, flico. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 11-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #1978
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm in the US and I still haven't received Ciri from sideshow. Also a day one pre order for me.
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #1979
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkilroy2 View Post
I'm in the US and I still haven't received Ciri from sideshow. Also a day one pre order for me.
That's so strange... Have you contacted them about it? I know that they've been shipping her since the first half of October.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #1980
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkilroy2 View Post
That sucks. I got my Ciri at the end of August from sideshow and I was a waitlist conversion. Definitely contact sideshow about your order.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote