Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-11-2020, 04:05 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Please ignore my 'credits' post (on the previous page) as it appears to be incorrect.
Having looked on the rear of the Hot Toys boxe(s) i can confirm the following credits as correct.
Maybe someone can post the credits for Harley Quinn - Dancer

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn - Prisoner

Head Sculptors
SO YOUNG LEE
HYEON JEONG KIM
JAE SUNG EOM

Head Painter
JC. HONG

Head Art Director
JC. HONG

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn - Original (Suicide Squad)

Head Sculptors
SO YOUNG LEE
HYEON JEONG KIM
JAE SUNG EOM

Head Painter
JC. HONG

Head Art Director
JC. HONG

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #22
COI

To answer the question of who would want this figure, I ordered it for the simple reason that I order every Batman related Hot Toy. And if they release 4 other versions of HQ from this movie, I'll get all of them. Whatever you might think of this movie and Suicide Squad, Margot Robbie does a great Harley Quinn and I've wanted this character on the big screen for 20 years.

That aside, I can see how figures from this movie may be unappealing to most. This is definitely a case of me loving the character over the figure or the costume itself. They went a little to zany with these designs.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:24 AM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

I upped the contrast using Photoshop and added a larger heart tattoo.
Hot Toys possibly should have given Harley a thinner face, as her cheeks look on the large size.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:36 AM   #24
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Do you really want 1/6 figures of these outfits? I find them all goofy and a poor representation of the Harley Quinn character. Roller Derby, pajamas, disco?
Completely agree, all of the costumes are atrocious and NOTHING like anything she wore in the cartoons or the comics.
The poster is also a joke, floating hot dogs? What were they even going for with this movie? Reactionary pandering at it's worst
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:30 AM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

It's never a good sign when a figure becomes acceptable only becuase the follow up looks worse.
Birds of Prey Harley Quin looks superior to Harley Quinn Caution Jacket

Here is a still taken from the video Hot Toys DC All Stars Tokyo 2020 Floor Walking Tour (posted by Justin's Collectibles)

Old 03-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #26
Sirens4Ever
Frackin!

Location: I live in The Gotham City Shelter for Cats and Dogs with the Gotham City Sirens.
I think they both are pretty great. It may be my bias as a Margot Robbie fan and her portrayal of Harley Quinn is one of my absolute favorites, but I really like these two, especially the outfits. I didn’t think they’d do a confetti jacket, but I’m extremely happy they did! I pre-ordered both instantly. I wish they’d do a Ewan McGregor Black Mask, too!
Sirens4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #27
Plume
Fantastic Four

I finally bit the bullet and ordered my first Hot Toys figure: Caution Tape Harley. I love Robbie's portrayal and Harley is my main gal (but I hate the screaming face on the SS main figure) so... I'll be happy to finally own a more serious collectible with her likeness. This came about after I saw the new Suicide Squad trailer and images and instantly knew I was gonna preorder THAT version too, in due time )
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #28
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys Birds of Prey - Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version) MMS566

This arrived today. I was going to pass on it. As can often be the case with Hot Toys figures, production pieces can sometimes turn out better than the proto. I took a couple of out the box shots. I left some of the packing plastic in place, as the figure is going back in the box, until the right time arrives to display the figure (once i move home)

I picked up my Harley Quinn from Toys Wonderland, as i did not want to wait what can seem like forever..