Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #21
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOrigin View Post
Design aside, WW is durable but not immune to the damage that Cheetah inflicts with her claws

I actually bought that omnibus last week, haven't had time to read it yet but I have been looking forward to it.

Kind of seems odd to me if people buying all these statues aren't reading/read lots of comics or watching the movies
My copy of the WW omnibus should be arriving in the next week, but it can take me awhile to get through them. And I have quite an extensive list of books I need to get through as I have a tendency of reading through the first couple of hundred pages when they first come in, then I put them aside to read later. But by that time the next book comes in.......

And a lot of collectors are under the belief that the current crop of comics just don’t compare to the story telling back in their day, so usually refuse to touch anything new. Unless it gets rave reviews.

I find a lot of the older stories can be terrible too and somewhat hard to get through, even though they showed some of my favourite characters. But they were legitimately targeted at small children back then, whereas every decade it’s become more broad in its targeting. But honestly it probably evens itself out across the various eras, where you’ll have good and bad stories no matter what.

Like the New 52 era is ignored by a lot of individuals, but imo the Batman, Aquaman and if I’m remembering right Green Lantern too, the stories were amongst the best runs that I’ve ever read.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:30 PM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Most only know about X-Men from the animated series and Capcom fighting games.
Honestly I loved the animated series, and it’s what got me collecting X-Men comics in the 90’s, which you may know was an insane time to be collecting those titles.

There were so many, that with my other titles I was reading about 30 different titles a month, with 1/3 to 1/2 of those being X-Men or X-Men adjacent.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #23
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Will this be 1:3 scale?
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #24
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicart.man View Post
Will this be 1:3 scale?
I can't tell. I keep looking at the hair, and it doesn't seem sculpted. Could be 1/2.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That looks amazing!
Prime 1 should have no issues when it comes to proto vs production.
Excluding the portrait, everything else appears to be solid gold. I've never been a fan of real hair, and this piece appears to keep it to a minimum. Atleast i think it's real hair? it might not be? ..i'm pretty sure it is.

On a side-note, some of the larger Wonder Woman pieces tend to given the impression the portrait is oversized compared to the size of the upper body/arms. This Wonder Woman does not appear to have that issue.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #26
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's probably the closest thing we'll get to a Kingdom Come Wonder Woman since there's been zero updates on that license.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #27
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
My copy of the WW omnibus should be arriving in the next week, but it can take me awhile to get through them. And I have quite an extensive list of books I need to get through as I have a tendency of reading through the first couple of hundred pages when they first come in, then I put them aside to read later. But by that time the next book comes in.......

And a lot of collectors are under the belief that the current crop of comics just don’t compare to the story telling back in their day, so usually refuse to touch anything new. Unless it gets rave reviews.

I find a lot of the older stories can be terrible too and somewhat hard to get through, even though they showed some of my favourite characters. But they were legitimately targeted at small children back then, whereas every decade it’s become more broad in its targeting. But honestly it probably evens itself out across the various eras, where you’ll have good and bad stories no matter what.

Like the New 52 era is ignored by a lot of individuals, but imo the Batman, Aquaman and if I’m remembering right Green Lantern too, the stories were amongst the best runs that I’ve ever read.
Sometimes I forget some people can't get into modern comics, so I guess that makes sense.

There are definitely good and bad stories across every decade, nowadays its pretty easy to weed out the bad ones with sites like comicbookroundup and reddit for thoughts.

I agree on John's Aquaman and Snyders Batman, although I wish the Aquaman run went longer, would have been interesting to see what he was gonna do with Orm. Haven't read John's Green Lantern but its pretty popular. I'd say Azzarello's New 52 Wonder Woman could be added to that list as long as you can get past when he did to the Amazons origin. Also Gail Simone's New 52 Batgirl run was a good read.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #28
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hope they do a swap out head portrait without the helmet.

Love the armor.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #29
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post

Love the armor.
I think it all depends on the scale. At 1/3 it’s a possibility, but at 1/2 scale I just don’t see it happening.

They’ve never done it before except for the bust set for IT, and even that wasn’t sold together and I don’t see that working with this piece for some reason.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #30
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post

Love the armor.
Yes! No helmet and fully closed helmet/mask would be great portrait options.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote