Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
lemonman6
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

First 4 Figures Judge Dredd vs Death Statue

Anyone ever seen this thing? I just picked it up and its a pretty nice statue. Its 1/6 scale and pretty nice. I have no idea what its worth though. Anyone have any idea of what they usually run?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09293.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	62973   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09313.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	62974   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09320.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	62975   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09326.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	62976   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09331.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	62977  

lemonman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

That is pretty cool looking. Who produced/made it? Who was the sculptor?
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Achaean
A day without sunshine is like... night.

There was one on E-bay recently. I think they wanted about $400 for it.
Achaean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

List price for these originally was $250. Last one I saw on Ebay was $599 US, and has been relisted at least half a dozen times at that price. Actually just looking now, I see it's now been dropped to a $555 buy it now. Still unlikely to see anywhere near that price in my opinion, unless someone really, really wants it and doesn't care how much for.

Still, so far I personally think this is the best Dredd statue on the market, but perhaps the upcoming PCS Judge Dredd will change that.

Still a damn nice piece either way, and one that I wish I had - I would have but my supplier didn't come through for me, and by the time I was informed it was sold out everywhere, given the small size of the run. They don't come up on Ebay very often, and when they do they tend to be quite over-priced (in my opinion) and usually fail to sell. I'll get one of these one day though, but I'm not willing to pay through the nose on one however.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
Gannon
Sailor Moon

I've got one - gorgeous piece. The problem is 2000AD is not big enough to warrant much bigger aftermarket sales.
Gannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
lemonman6
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I like the statue, but I might just get rid of it now that PCS is making an awesome Dredd statue.
lemonman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
Sledge Hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
I've got one - gorgeous piece. The problem is 2000AD is not big enough to warrant much bigger aftermarket sales.
That's the thing, some folks trying to sell theirs on the bay seem to think that semi-rare automatically equallys huge markup value, when in reality the edition run was pretty well judged, as there just isn't a huge after-market demand for the piece, and as nice as it is I've never seen one go for much over retail on Ebay, if that.

Rarity is only half the puzzle, you also need demand to make those prices rise, and this piece, as nice as it is, just doesn't have the market demand to do that, which is why those that put this up on Ebay for highly inflated prices never actually sell. And also why, even though I still want to grab this myself one day, I've never bit at any of those auctions personally. I'll get one for a reasonable price one day, until then I'll just wait patiently.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #8
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
That's the thing, some folks trying to sell theirs on the bay seem to think that semi-rare automatically equallys huge markup value, when in reality the edition run was pretty well judged, as there just isn't a huge after-market demand for the piece, and as nice as it is I've never seen one go for much over retail on Ebay, if that.

Rarity is only half the puzzle, you also need demand to make those prices rise, and this piece, as nice as it is, just doesn't have the market demand to do that, which is why those that put this up on Ebay for highly inflated prices never actually sell. And also why, even though I still want to grab this myself one day, I've never bit at any of those auctions personally. I'll get one for a reasonable price one day, until then I'll just wait patiently.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote