Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #41
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hard to rank without seeing the completed piece but this is how I think they stack up as it sits...
  • Phoenix
  • Magneto
  • Iron Man: Mark VII
  • Hawkeye
  • Wolverine
  • Thanos
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • Black Widow
  • Ant-Man
  • Hulk
  • Iron Man: Mark XLII
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #42
keewan
Death is hereditary.

It's very interesting to see 2 or 3 pieces are consistently making top 5 for most folks, but the other pieces ranking are all over the place.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #43
hittrix
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1 Phoenix
2 Magneto
3 Black Widow
4 Wolverine
hittrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:58 AM   #44
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

1 Antman
2 Magneto
3 BW
4 Hawkeye
5 Wolverine
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #45
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

When factoring in sculpt, base, detail, paints, pose, creativity, costume, etc...this is how I rank them:

1. Phoenix. The pose is perfection! She's sexy and fierce at the same time. Base + phoenix flame takes this on another level! If the paints are off, this could drop down some.

2. Magneto. The DETAIL! This one has that "Wow factor!" It conveys pure evil. The Sentinel hand is the best base of all XM statues so far, but what brings this down a notch is the costume choice, IMO. Regardless, this is a great statue as it has all the elements of being grail status.

3. Thanos. Size (and weight) matters. This is gonna be one solid heavy beast that might be a nightmare on shipping! The costume is well done, the switch out options are great while the portraits are iconic. With no reveal on the final base yet, this may teeter up or down one. I think something as simple as adding gems in the IG would add a lot more appeal because as it stands theirs nothing that really stands out about this piece. It's just a physically imposing statue that is well executed...who doesn't love that!?

4. Black Widow. Options! So many of them and they're all great. The bust option is genius and the base creates a nice environmental scene. I don't think there's one flaw about this statue.

5. Iron Man Mark VII. That paint application! The glossy tone makes this a standout! Love the pose options of having a flying (my favorite) or standing action pose. While others have expressed the need for a better base, I LOVE it! I think it's really creative to have a "Stark Industries" logo that flips down into a skyline-like Avengers base.

6. Captain America. Majestic! It just spells Captain America! The pose is perfect and the detail was finely shown in his scales. If his facial features were more realistic, this would have been upgraded.

7. Wolverine. Great overall statue, but the pose hurts this one IMO. The Sentinel head base is cool and Erick upgraded it with his unmasked portrait!

8. Hawkeye. Well executed, but the mask killed it for me...I don't like the flimsy leathery look. Also, the base could have been better.

9. Ant-Man. While the miniature statue is great, the main statue does nothing at all for me. Ant-Man standing there touching his helmet is nothing special.

10. Iron Man Mark XLII. Not too big on this suit and it's another dull pose, but I do like how he looks with both arms down as if he's about to rock somebody!

11. Hulk. I'm pretty picky when it comes to the Hulk and it really boils down to the portrait. I just don't like this face sculpt. I could do w/out the torn shirt and the base was blah.... Great muscle tone and pose was ok, but it's nothing imaginative.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #46
slug
Frackin!

1 Magneto
2 Phoenix
3 Thanos
4 Wolverine
5 Hawkeye
6 Ant-Man
7 Iron Man MK 7
8 Black Widow