Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

XM allocations later after initial run was deemed sold out?

Okay, I've seen the Wolverine, Magneto & Hawkeye selling out real fast even with the price tag on it. I don't know how many of those had deposits on it though that would make it quick sell outs?

Now Captain America with a much lower ES was initially sold out really fast however, when it start shipping, allocations happened. BBTS managed to get couple dozen of it. They were almost the last etailer to get them after it was sold out so long ago.

I am almost certain once these "sold out" preorders starts to ship, there will be more popping back up.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Okay, I've seen the Wolverine, Magneto & Hawkeye selling out real fast even with the price tag on it. I don't know how many of those had deposits on it though that would make it quick sell outs?

Now Captain America with a much lower ES was initially sold out really fast however, when it start shipping, allocations happened. BBTS managed to get couple dozen of it. They were almost the last etailer to get them after it was sold out so long ago.

I am almost certain once these "sold out" preorders starts to ship, there will be more popping back up.
Are you talking about Magneto and Wolverine?

There could be some that pop back up for order due to cancellations at the last second, but with such low Edition Sizes that's not a given.....

XM first 4 statues they released took awhile to sell out as not that many people knew about XM, plus the characters they choose to do first have been done many times by other companies, so I think they took longer to get traction and sell out. Even though BBTS.com kept selling out and then getting more stock, I think that was a case of them finding more resellers to buy from who still had Capt., Hulk, BW and IM 42... I don't think your going to see the same thing happen with Wolverine, Magneto or Thanos and especially Phoenix if she gets released..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
wanderlai
The Tick

XM directly is the first to sell out based on direct sales and orders from retailers/dealers. Then the retailers and dealers put up their allocations when they choose to. Some may hold onto some stock to try a bundle other statues with it. It's tuff to track since XM doesn't have a global license. In order to catch a Magneto, Wolverine, Thanos, or Phoenix...you'll have to have the patience of a Saint and the accuracy of a sniper. There will be some guys who can't pay come shipping time so there's a chance.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
XM directly is the first to sell out based on direct sales and orders from retailers/dealers. Then the retailers and dealers put up their allocations when they choose to. Some may hold onto some stock to try a bundle other statues with it. It's tuff to track since XM doesn't have a global license. In order to catch a Magneto, Wolverine, Thanos, or Phoenix...you'll have to have the patience of a Saint and the accuracy of a sniper. There will be some guys who can't pay come shipping time so there's a chance.
I like how you said it.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
VS1976

I just don't see these statue truly selling out giving the price tag of these regardless how low the Es or detail of these statues are. It would be interested to see if they do pop back up for sale once they start shipping.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Guys keep on topic. IE XM and the OP. No need to mention any other company.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

BTW, Captain America never sold out fast, stores had inventory for that statue for months after release including XM site...
Old 09-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
BTW, Captain America never sold out fast, stores had inventory for that statue for months after release including XM site...
So are you saying he is one of the least popular sculpts based on the fact that characters like Hawkeye sold out faster with a higher ES too?
Old 09-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #9
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:

I think you should look at sold out at web store differently than what you are used to. Most of their stocks are sold to retailers, so if you can find someone selling it, it's not sold out, since we can't buy directly anyways, I would actually hope they don't keep too many for their webstore. Simply Toys is better indicator, you can tell how many stock they have if you go and mine their statue without coin link, then you can guess the one with coin is the same, see how fast they are going.

I don't see stuff popping back up from their webstore, there is a SGD $200 NRD. People who can order from the webstore don't have to pay outrageous shipping. In addition, if someone who can't afford to buy the statue, someone who walk in to the store and put their name on the waitlist will probably get it before it get put on the webstore, because XM knows it doesn't look good for stock to pop back up. Thirdly, it's really not that expensive there. And Singapore has #1 or #2 highest living standard in the world, it's very expensive to live there, so what you consider high isn't always true for people who live somewhere else.

As far as the Cap go, BBTS got their stock from a reseller who brought out the last batch of Cap. They got their stock BEFORE Cap was sold out. And Cap took like 9 months to sell out, because no one knew about XM.

Quote:
So are you saying he is one of the least popular sculpts based on the fact that characters like Hawkeye sold out faster with a higher ES too?
We don't know, since the ES might be higher, but there might be only 50 Hawkeye on XM webstore, 750 were sold to retailers, since they see how well Magneto was selling. There could have been 400 Cap on XM webstore because retailers weren't ordering it.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Not at all, have to take into account that Captain America was their first statue and at the time XM was not that well known.

You also have to take into account that other companies have made like 3-4 Captain Americas over the last couple years so people were hesitant to spend $700+ for another Capt.... I think this is the same problem with Hulk, there was probably like 5 or 6 Hulks on the market so it was pretty crowded.

I think where things turned around for XM was after they started shipping Captain America and word of mouth started going around from collectors about how high quality these statues actually were, people slowly started taking notice of XM... Not to mention the interaction XM has with their customers, taking their concerns and if they make sense actually modifying their statue for the better... That's pretty much unheard of from other companies.

Then they brought out their big guns with Magneto and Phoenix and hype meter went through the roof. Especially after Magneto sold out within a day. Now people are afraid their going to miss out so they order much more quickly now....

I could possibly see Ant-Man taking few months to sell out but I said the same thing about Hawkeye and he sold out in a few weeks... so I don't know at this point... It does seem like anything XM makes is selling quickly... I think it will only get worse as more collectors keep discovering XM..