Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I gotta agree with Jedi Don on the black glossyness, it shoud have a matte finish / satin look to it. Can't wait to get mine in 2 months....
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I gotta agree with Jedi Don on the black glossyness, it shoud have a matte finish / satin look to it. Can't wait to get mine in 2 months....
I don't mind the gloss finish on the black, it adds a different texture to the piece and makes her stand out, like in the picture of all the Cleos at the factory.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
ARahom, I've got to say, you give Clay Moore the run for the money when it comes to sculpting the female form.
I have to agree !

This looks amazing !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

that turned out great! congrats!
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Received my Cleo today. First, Arahom, thanks for all the hard work in getting these AP out. Here's a couple of constructive comments. First, I think you used a hot glue gun for the large piece on the base. As you can see in the photo, the glue failed to hold during trip and the rather warm weather this week. I think this needs to be pinned and glued with epoxy and it is a heavy piece. Second, on both temples, she seems to have primer showing or what seems to be the same color as the eye shadow. Thirdly, I like the paint colors selected. Thanks for adding the blue for the eyeshadow and jewelry. And make sure that for the product version that the Chinese factory uses the correct "shiny" gold as it looks great. I'm kind of surprised about the gloss black. Would have thought satin black to simulate silk. Gloss does look a bit like latex.

Now on to the pics. Sorry about the attached photos, but Photobucket are really prudes.

The blue on both temples is just the remaining of the dry cryon pastel I used for the eye shadow, you can easily remove it with a dry brush. It is not paint or primer.

I think I forgot to remove the excess on that area due to the rush to get those out.

The hot glue was actually a mistake. I thought it would hold, but next time, I'll use epoxy glue.

For the glossy skirt, my thought was to make it look like satin, not latex. It's a matter of taste, and I can't guess everyone's taste. Mine was for the glossy.
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
ARahom, I've got to say, you give Clay Moore the run for the money when it comes to sculpting the female form.
Thanks, but although I had a very active art direction regarding the shape and form of Cleopatra's body and pose, let's not forgert that this piece was sculpted by Alex Pereira, not me.

I spent a long time looking for a sculptor that could master the female form the way I like it until I finaly found Alex.

Congrats Alex Pereira, she is really a beauty and you a fantastic sculptor.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #17
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I can't wait to get mine!! How many shipping groups are there for those of us who ordered and paid up front? Just two or maybe three?

Will you be posting lists of recipients for the next shipping batch like you did the first?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #18
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I can't wait to get mine!! How many shipping groups are there for those of us who ordered and paid up front? Just two or maybe three?

Will you be posting lists of recipients for the next shipping batch like you did the first?

I'll try two more, but we might need three, or at least divide it between Cleo and Leo.

I'll post the list for batch two on Monday.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I'll try two more, but we might need three, or at least divide it between Cleo and Leo.

I'll post the list for batch two on Monday.
No worries,

I know you are swamped. I can't paint worth cr@p myself so I would rather have you take the time you need and do a great job on the painting (as I know you will) rather than rush them out because we are nagging you.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #20
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
The blue on both temples is just the remaining of the dry cryon pastel I used for the eye shadow, you can easily remove it with a dry brush. It is not paint or primer.

I think I forgot to remove the excess on that area due to the rush to get those out.
Thanks for the info. Cleaned up the excess pastel easily with stiff hobby paintbrush.

I also wanted to point out that this statue has the finest detail of anything I own. Alex and Arahom have set gold standard as to what digital sculpt can be and should be. The detail on the a the gold parts and the fine braids must be seen in person to be appreciated.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote