Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #51
Luminous
Cyclops

While I'd rather not see the original Nick Fury be cast aside, at least this may better explain his anti-aging. All of the secrets and LMD's is also classic Nick Fury. So it's within character.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #52
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
While I'd rather not see the original Nick Fury be cast aside, at least this may better explain his anti-aging. All of the secrets and LMD's is also classic Nick Fury. So it's within character.
That was set up in the Battle Scars limited series from a few years ago which introduced the 616 universe to Nick Fury Jr. "Classic" Nick Fury had the Infinity Formula taken out of him and he would now "retire" and age gracefully. Obviously he has and what appearances he has made have been LMD's as his age is catching up to him. Stupid but that's Marvel anymore
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #53
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
That was set up in the Battle Scars limited series from a few years ago which introduced the 616 universe to Nick Fury Jr. "Classic" Nick Fury had the Infinity Formula taken out of him and he would now "retire" and age gracefully. Obviously he has and what appearances he has made have been LMD's as his age is catching up to him. Stupid but that's Marvel anymore
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Not sure how it's "stupid", but okay.....
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #54
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Not sure how it's "stupid", but okay.....
my opinion only, as I feel it's a way to shove Nick Fury Jr down our collective throats. Out with the old and in with new. I'm more old school and prefer my classic Nick Fury. I hope for the best with this mini series but fear the worst.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #55
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
my opinion only, as I feel it's a way to shove Nick Fury Jr down our collective throats. Out with the old and in with new. I'm more old school and prefer my classic Nick Fury. I hope for the best with this mini series but fear the worst.
You and me both. I like Aaron as a writer but fear he may be bending too much to editorial and CCO directive.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #56
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

For fans of old Nick Fury, I highly recommend last year's Fury: My War Gone By TPBs.

ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:14 AM   #57
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Stan Lee didn't like it.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #58
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

This started interesting but lately the story took a pretty stupid turn. Marvel is clearly running out of ideas.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #59
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

well after the events of Issue # 5 it looks like my theory is gaining steam. As Nick since the 50's has been secretly killing any potential threat to Earth. He is responsible for the deaths in space, underground and in the netherworlds. His weekend job when SHIELD wasn't busy. Another slight retcon. They haven't explained if he killed the Watcher which I am inclined to believe he did not but knows who did and that is why he has assembled the group of heroes he has. Overall pretty decent read with great art.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #60
protector2814
Phoenix

I'm still digging this mini, although it's getting a little bogged-down with the particulars. So, I gather that, in hindsight now, maybe the Steranko issues of Nick Fury, Agent of Shield were starring the actual Nick Fury, but every appearance since then, with maybe a few exceptions, were actually played by a life-bot of Nick's. I'm never a fan of the history-rewrite, but, I'm getting tired of being pissed about things like this in comics, so I'll go with this. One does have to wonder at just how many cosmic adventures the true Nick has had since becoming an earth guardian; how many other giant cosmic beings, threats, worlds, gods, etc ... he's "taken care of"? I also wondered why Spidey's Spider Sense didn't go off when Nick was aiming that cannon at him in his early days?
3 more issues.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote