Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #311
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

1.2 MILLION dollars in Xiall sales? Yeeeeeeeah

I see a lot of give aways, coupons, and "hey check this out" emails in this statue's future.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 AM   #312
Vallos
Jubilee

Unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97z3NrjgWlk
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #313
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My favorite piece of the line. I basically quit collecting statues but may, with a sale, use the last of my (almost useless) rewards points to replace the Gandalf the Grey PF that currently sites on my desk.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #314
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This piece looks incredible.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #315
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Meh... not really a fan of it after the video. To me, the video makes this piece seem a bit cheap. Not sure how to put it into words... just looks a bit shabby.

I enjoy the overall design and sculpt. Just a bit put off after the video.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #316
Gravemist
Doh!

I find that the stark-white brightly lit conditions for the Out Of The Box videos sometimes does a disservice to the piece they're showcasing. Like the Green Goblin one where the smoke looked a terrible yellow. I think Xiall will look incredible in a normal setting.

I'll be ordering her as soon as my reward points for HeMan and a couple other things I got last month come through to my wallet and I can knock about $150 off.
Gravemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:03 PM   #317
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

This one is way overpriced. What a shame.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #318
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice looking statue but $150-$200 overpriced.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #319
Gravemist
Doh!

I really don't get all the comments about this one being overpriced, but things like Green Goblin for $520 or Spider-Man and Dark Phoenix for $499 don't get nearly as much flack for their pricing. Those are the overpriced statues, in my opinion.

Those don't have nearly the amount of detail that this PF has. Look at all the striations and fissures in the bone, every inch of this thing is covered in texture and all those little details need colour. The staff has coiled metal. The tailoring of the multi-layered outfit with several fabric types and gold thread. The accessories like the parchment pouch and the scroll with magic flame.

Then you look at Dark Phoenix or Spider-Man. Two-tone painting with minor shading for the entire character. Minimal texturing required in the sculpts. I think the most complex thing about either statue is the bases. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but to think that those aren't significantly more overpriced than Xiall is laughable. But since they're pop culture icons they get a pass and as an original IP Court of the Dead gets all the flack for the high price tags.

I totally understand people saying "I can't afford this" because yes, it is expensive, but saying "This is overpriced" I believe is unfair.
Gravemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #320
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

It is overpriced. All 1/4 statues are overpriced for what they are. This one is particularly overpriced. Red Sonja is $550 and has licensing fees. Cleopsis is way cheaper (I feel directly due to Xiall's reception). There is no reason for this to be $600. Death is $700 (also overpriced) but had free shipping and double rewards. This means Death and Xiall end up costing about the same.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote