Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #41
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

They confirmed here and on Facebook that the human Medusa head is going to be the exclusive, I guess the one on the website is the exclusive, they just haven't print the head yet.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #42
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
I ordered also and I didn't see where it said, "Exclusive".

Was there more than one version of these on the ARH site?

It only said Limited Edition of 100, and does this come with the 2 heads.....
There is indeed only one version, and that comes with 2 heads as confirmed by ARH (when I asked them).
Marcel54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #43
IXEC
Hellboy

That's good new guys...thanks..
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #44
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I went ahead and ordered this as well. First time ordering from ARH . Wish they had a pic of what the human head looks like..
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #45
IXEC
Hellboy

I wish they just stayed with the original concept though....the new one has Medusa size, way to small IMO....

I'm not buying that to make it bigger would be to costly......

I mean look at Golden Athena....that was 1/4 with a Chariot base and detailed Owl...and that was $400.....

Come on ARH don't cheap-out.....its only 1/6...even if you just make Medusa 50% bigger than you have it now....it would fit in better.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11831694_920154614690713_8298829931461359052_n[2].jpg
Views:	34
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	91939   Click image for larger version

Name:	10847598_872725686100273_3789545219501925543_o[1][1].jpg
Views:	24
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	91940  
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #46
Kovenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
I wish they just stayed with the original concept though....the new one has Medusa size, way to small IMO....

I'm not buying that to make it bigger would be to costly......

I mean look at Golden Athena....that was 1/4 with a Chariot base and detailed Owl...and that was $400.....

Come on ARH don't cheap-out.....its only 1/6...even if you just make Medusa 50% bigger than you have it now....it would fit in better.....
Aw man I thought I was the only one that felt that way... it went from absolute perfection to being "okay"... I cannot belive they did that.. it's 1/6 scale... it was totally doable the way it was originally. They really ruined an amazing piece IMO... it had so much presence.. now it's hard to tell what it even is.. just looks like a big snake coiled up.. and it bothers me because the way it looks like now honestly looks like a pile of green poo (no insult intended.. I ordered anyways) but I really really really hate that they changed it.. also perseus just looks awkward now. It made more sense that he was leaning on the big body but now its all wierd.. just looks like him awkwardly sitting on top of her....for $400 I expect a bit more from a 1/6 piece. But honestly if they kept it the way it was I would have paid more no prob.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #47
ReTardist
The Herculoids

You have no idea how huge that medusa tail would have been. We actually started printing it the way it was, and the tail at 1/6 was actually the size of the tail on our old 1/4 scale Medusa. Trust me, people would have been pissed. And the sheer size of the tail would have easily added another 120$ to the price...
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #48
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Check this out... the entire thing would have just been a huge snake tail. I agree it looks cool to a point but it's totally impractical....
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #49
Kovenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Check this out... the entire thing would have just been a huge snake tail. I agree it looks cool to a point but it's totally impractical....
That top right section could have been removed and merged in to the rest which would have cut the size down significantly without affecting the rest of the statue/pose.. it just seems like it was a bit too spread out.. if you ever release that one I would happily pay $500 for it.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:53 AM   #50
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I do have another nitpick.
It took me a while but I finally figured out what's not working with the pose - by comparing the ARH piece to the Laocoon, you can see that the Laocoon has a slight twist of the torso, while Perseus is sculpted upright.
This makes a big difference in pose, because the twist indicates movement/muscular tension, while the firm torso makes it all look like Perseus is striking a pose, it's not very natural.
Also, the face looks a bit emotionless. It could benefit too from a slight tilt upwards, like the Laocoon (but not so exhaggerated).

Pics for reference and comparison:

Any chance this could be tweaked? It would only need to fix the 3D sculpt and reprint the torso. I seem to recall from the pics on Facebook that the torso has been printed as a separate piece.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote