Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #31
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Whoever they go with first it will probably be 3 years before it starts shipping
And by that time they will probably be closer to $2000 each.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

They already have a fairly deep roster with the 1:6 line and like I mentioned it will be a few years before we see anything released for their 1:4 scale DC stuff.. Although I hope this 1:4 scale announcement doesn't mean the end of their 1:6 statues... Their 1:6 license is worldwide, but they're sells numbers (400-600) are similar to their 1:4 Marvel statues which is a limited license.

XM might find it more profitable to go with the limited DC 1:4 license and just let the 1:6 license die off... I doubt they will say anything as it could hurt sales of their 1:6 statues they haven't put up for pre-order yet... Just all speculation but given how expensive these statues are it is something to think about....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #33
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They already have a fairly deep roster with the 1:6 line and like I mentioned it will be a few years before we see anything released for their 1:4 scale DC stuff.. Although I hope this 1:4 scale announcement doesn't mean the end of their 1:6 statues... Their 1:6 license is worldwide, but they're sells numbers (400-600) are similar to their 1:4 Marvel statues which is a limited license.

XM might find it more profitable to go with the limited DC 1:4 license and just let the 1:6 license die off... I doubt they will say anything as it could hurt sales of their 1:6 statues they haven't put up for pre-order yet... Just all speculation but given how expensive these statues are it is something to think about....
To be honest, this is more or less what I expect to happen. I'd hope not, because I think it's great for people to have options but with a new/flashy 1/4 license they can use and leverage, I'm sure they are going to want to funnel a LOT of resources into it over the next few years.

Either way, choices are good and I'm really happy to see DC 1/4 coming to XM. I didn't have a lot of interest in this originally but depending on who's released and how they turn out, I might have to jump aboard the train lol.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #34
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Yes, we will still have to deal with S/H but at least we have more options and won't have to settle for whatever SS produces.
Or doesn't produce.

For example, now if SSC does not produce, for example, a 1/4 Nightwing, no one is. With this announcement, we'll at least (maybe) have that option.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #35
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Since its world wide then for those fans of 1/6th it will be nice if they end up giving you characters you wouldnt see other wise in a 1/4th or at least test the waters.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:04 PM   #36
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm so happy with this news of XM accuring license for 1/4 scale! Can't wait to collect decent 1/4 DC statues in the near future!! Woohoo!!

Depending on the reveals, I may collect either Bat Family or Batman and Villians.. OR just the Justice League line..we'll see..
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #37
SONICobra
Batman

+1 for deathstroke
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #38
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Its a good news because I was sick and tired of the samurai line.
And its a bad news because again licensing issue blabla we won’t be able to get theses statues easily.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Its a good news because I was sick and tired of the samurai line.
And its a bad news because again licensing issue blabla we won’t be able to get theses statues easily.
You can easily get them through specfiction it's just the costs due to shipping them... Although Spec does offer economy shipping if you don't mind waiting, it usually saves you anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on the statue.

It's definitely good news they got the DC 1:4 license, I've grown tired of Sideshow's museum poses and mix medium they put on most of their DC statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

I'm going to buy which ever appeals to me the most. Doesn't matter if it's XM or SSC.

However ...if its a draw between XM and SSC, then it will be SSC cause they'll be less expensive to get.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote