Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
MrYac
Hercules

That could be it to be honest primal, he's been turning into link for years in smash brothers
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

hmmmm, so tempting, but I am unsure of it do to that price. I could see doing $100 for a nice Kirby, but $239?... I might have to pass on this piece.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #13
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

so this piece should probably be like....$120 shipped? and be in hand in like, 2 months? No?......oh.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:03 AM   #14
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Very nice. When did this version of Kirby appear in a game? Looks like he's got Link's cap from the Legend of Zelda holding a cute Master Sword
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
That could be it to be honest primal, he's been turning into link for years in smash brothers
The Sword has been a common/recurring ability in the Kirby series since the second game while the hat design came in later on. You guys are right though, both are an homage to Link and The Legend of Zelda.

More recently, the Upward Slash technique (depicted here) is a direct reference to the Skyward Strike from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #15
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This looks great, and for an affordable price at that. I just don't know if I'd be interested in owning several copy abilities, as cool as some of them may be.

Ideally, I'd like to limit myself to a regular Kirby (holding the Star Rod, or standing on his Warpstar), Meta Knight and King Dedede.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #16
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
This looks great, and for an affordable price at that. I just don't know if I'd be interested in owning several copy abilities, as cool as some of them may be.

Ideally, I'd like to limit myself to a regular Kirby (holding the Star Rod, or standing on his Warpstar), Meta Knight and King Dedede.
If they were ~$50-60 I could see having a few copy abilities, but the price of this one is too much imo.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
If they were ~$50-60 I could see having a few copy abilities, but the price of this one is too much imo.
While I respect your desire for a lower price, when was the last time you've seen a 16" statue go for $50-$60, regardless of character, licensing, detail, design, ES or production material?

Believe me, if I could get a large(presumably 1/6th-1/4th), solid polystone, LED lit statue of Kirby for ten dollars more than I could a Koto 1/10th scale 8" PVC figure/statue I'd be ecstatic, but that seems unrealistic to me.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
While I respect your desire for a lower price, when was the last time you've seen a 16" statue go for $50-$60, regardless of character, licensing, detail, design, ES or production material?

Believe me, if I could get a large(presumably 1/6th-1/4th), solid polystone, LED lit statue of Kirby for ten dollars more than I could a Koto 1/10th scale 8" PVC figure/statue I'd be ecstatic, but that seems unrealistic to me.
Sorry, I was not meaning for this statue. I was simply meaning for some kirby figures in general. The character is just not that high up for me or detailed/intricate enough for me to justify that price. I do not need a huge one of him, a ~8" would be fine, if not shorter (since he is a pretty short character), just depends on the copy and pose.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Sorry, I was not meaning for this statue. I was simply meaning for some kirby figures in general. The character is just not that high up for me or detailed/intricate enough for me to justify that price. I do not need a huge one of him, a ~8" would be fine, if not shorter (since he is a pretty short character), just depends on the copy and pose.
Oh, gotcha! Misinterpretation on my part..

I, too, wouldn't have minded a much smaller set of less expensive statues. It would make the decision of whether or not to bite considerably less serious.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #20
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
We bought these a while back (currently on track to our house):
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...ode=CGD2-92110

I was dreading that F4F would go for the Mario line scale I love Kirby and wanted all versions of him but thanks to the scale, we'll have to limit which ones we're going to purchase just because we have a big barn that we're going to convert to our collection room doesn't mean we have infinite space
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote