Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #41
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
I think you just like hearing the sound of your own voice no matter how incoherent it sounds.

From Investopedia

Ur welcome

Another thing, investments typically means a flow of cash payments from holding an underlying asset. Your statues don't pay dividends.

Historically speaking though the ROI has been higher than the yield on the Composite or S&P Index if u bothered doing any fact checking
A lot of stock companies don't pay dividends.. Also if taken care of properly a statue doesn't depreciate from wear and tear, it's art. It's not like we can jump on the statue and ride it around town and put miles on it.... or wear it down by listening to music on it.

A statue price might go down but it will never be worth Zero, stocks can turn into worthless pieces of paper...

That said, I wouldn't suggest anyone try to make money by investing in statues... but as an expensive hobby it's nice to be able to break even when you do want to switch things up... And Edition Size and Quality do play a part in that...
Old 10-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #42
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

People are right Orangecrush your posts are too long to read yet alone not worth trying to reply to all your rebuttals next time you receive a piece from SS that you are not impressed with think of me. I will say the truth because the Jason Vorhees PF was butchered to death with it's HORRIBLE paint app on the mixed media but like most people you wouldn't know that since you didn't buy him.

This is how beautiful SS quality is in 2016 and this piece was barely released. So stop assuming like tons of other people that SS is doing a wiz bang of a job QC wise compared to other companies like XM Studios. That blood splatter looks like dog $%#@ and looks to be done with a red sharpie by a child. It's no where near what should be expected from the proto pics for a piece costing $500+. People like myself need to point these flaws out because others aren't doing it and people love to accept mediocrity in their life, that is why things are so great right now in our day and age. I grew up in a an era where quality and craftsmanship was something to take pride in and when you didn't find it in products you simply didn't buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
You don't even know what arbitrage or investment means, look it up looney toon.

You are the LAST person on earth I'd take financial advice from.
You're the one who is a looney toon. Saying Enron in the same breath as Apple, Google or Microsoft looks like you have NO IDEA on what investing even mean. You look foolish with your statements. Keep buying Chinese produced wares and assume your making a sound investment. You for sure are the last guy ANYONE should be taking investing advise from.

If every company on the NYSE did the things Enron did the entire NYSE would have collapse long ago. Maybe you should educate yourself on what Enron did. Plenty of people make a living off being a day trader, large companies like Hedge Fund with billions of dollars also make TONS of money shorting the market. Yet you assume only suckers invest money in the stock market and most people lose money rather than make money. Ever heard of the "Oracle of Omaha" Warren Buffett? Maybe you shouldn't just post to boost your post count and actually know the facts before talking and making yourself look like a fool. People lose brain cells reading your comments. lol

Schools out DOOD and You're Welcome!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #43
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

There's been some interesting and well articulated points made here and some that are . . . not so much

Anyway, we seem to be degenerating into a bit of name calling now so I think this thread has run it's course.
Closed Thread