Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #1821
Narcosis
Doh!

I was hoping to source more quality pics or find a clip but haven't had much luck.

What's really throwing me off (and is really irritating me) - to be completely honest - there seems to be a lack of intensity with the black when compared to their stock pictures. Not only does it appear much lighter but it looks like they've selected a completely different hue for the chest, so when they desaturate that color for shading purposes in areas like the abdomen it gives off dark beige/bronze tint as opposed to a tonal range closer to black.

The Bat emblem is the most obvious change going from a brushed satin finish to a chrome finish. One I can overlook if done right. As long as it is finished correctly without any imperfections.

I have this on order but overall feel I am going to be getting a completely different statue from what was pictured. I normally wait for in hand photos but Prime 1's reputation so far has done stock photos justice so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I'm going to have to think over my options if I want to keep my order or cancel. Maybe more pics will pop up by then.
Narcosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #1822
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I hope you're wrong.

It seems there is a lot of brightness on this pics and a tons of light in this place, just check the reflexion on the shoulder.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #1823
careyb
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I didn't pick this up but I'm a classic black and gray guy. IMO and my own personal preference, Bats costume shouldn't pop. He's meant to be terrifying and a creature of the night in my book. Bling just doesn't look right for Bats as far as I'm concerned.
Great post ! Believe the same way I have this piece as well ,Some collectors think he's too dull (supposed to blend with the night) I did order Deathstroke ... awesome ... colors pop . Luv the contrast between the two
careyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #1824
careyb
Doh!

Want to be clear I have the first AK Batman,... thanks!
careyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #1825
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think meanwhile I like the original costume more than the prestige version. Difficult decision which one to buy.
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:46 PM   #1826
Vince_be

I've PO the Prestige edition and also Deathstroke, i think they will look both terrific together. I like the dark suit and the gold bat emblem, it's like batgirl has made the suit for him. I've also hesitated with the "normal" version but based on what i've read too much comments good but also bad telling it looks like the neca toy with flat paint job so i've PO this one and i hope i will not be disappointed.

@papadoom If you hesitate just PO the Prime 1 Frank Miller Batman, you can't go wrong with this one for sure
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #1827
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

just got noticed my prestige version will be shipping soon, couldnt be more excited - this is the batman i always wanted! I have been waiting forever for prime1 to release a modern take of batman i like but all of them have the dark chest symbol which i just hate, as it blends right in with the dark armor. This is the only version where they have a very contrasting golden bat symbol and looks really good!

For the classic version, i already have the sideshow blue batman which is perfection.

So happy camper here, got all the batman i ever need
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #1828
Vince_be

Glad for you ! Please post pics when you get it !
Old 01-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #1829
Vince_be

https://youtu.be/ZxXkODSqSIA?t=204

Seeing this vids... i have to agree that it looks way more darker on the stock pictures...just waiting for in hand pics and reviews. This vids was done in september so hopefully the black is deeper now...
Old 01-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #1830
down_under
Kindly Asked To Leave

Question - I'm strongly considering getting the Arkham Knight Batman (not the Prestige, just the regular) as I love his costume the most out of any Batmans Prime 1 currently have on offer. Does anyone who got him regret it? Do you still feel strongly about the statue in a positive way?

Any info would be great as I want to pair him with Deathstroke and don't like any of the other Batman statues currently out from Prime 1 (including Origins Batman).

Thanks!
down_under is offline   Reply With Quote