Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2017, 02:22 AM   #431
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
Base looks massive, not sure how much taller you want it. I've personally saw the sculpt myself, and looking at the base, it's going to look promising.

I would like the base to please be as tall as the 1st base in the concept art, so it can fit the window with glowing eyes better. That is the base that won the votes, so it should be round and as tall like the concept art we voted for.

You can see the middle part of the sculpted base in the stage its in the pic that it is slightly skinnier versus the concept art that has a taller middle area to fit a properly sized window with glowing eyes. In the game there was a nice open area you can see the glowing eyes in the distance and the concept art portrays the glowing eyes area better then a smushed base like the one sculpted In the pic.

If they put the glowing eyes window in the middle the way it is sculpted at that moment it will looked smushed. The base needs to be as tall as the first base on the concept art, so the window will look spaced out properly. The base needs to be round and a tad taller for the dungeon Windows and hopefully has improved before it is finalized.

Like another member stated by having the round base as shown in the concept art will pair better with the other MK 1/3's versus the oval/rectangular base as of now. Hopefully, it will be adjusted because the base being round and tall like the base that won the votes during the poll will make the fans happier. This will be the most expensive 1/3 to date, so hopefully parts from both concept bases should be incorporated into the final base. Such as, an extra window with bars, a couple lanterns and a pile of Bloody skulls borrowed from concept art base 2 would be a great bonus. A full skeleton broken up with a few bloody chains on the base as well.

I understand he is massive,
(I have a couple of Legendary Figs & 1/3's)

I know he is larger then the Pop 1/3s I saw at Conventions as well, but I feel the base still needs to be taller in the middle and I'm sure that nicely sized window will look great. As of now it looks like there would be no space for a window that is like the glowing eyes window from the concept art. It wouldn't fit well.

Goro is massive, amazing and epic , but he needs an epic base for the price as well and I'm sorry that the oval/rectangular smushed base is not epic. The concept art has potential for an epic base and both are round. I hope it can come a little closer to the art work and that is possible. I feel the base looks a little awkward because all other MK 1/3's have round bases. Even though Goro is larger he needs to be spaced accordingly, so his base is round as well matching the rest of the line.

I really hope he will have an angry grin flashing teeth versus the calm look from the pic. The concept art shows an angrier face which is better and the sculpted head from the pic having a no lip sad face is too boring. Hopefully, later progress pics of the base will show it finalized being round and better proportionally along with an angrier teeth grin before the full reveal.. Thanks
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #432
Seba
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I would like the base to please be as tall as the 1st base in the concept art, so it can fit the window with glowing eyes better. That is the base that won the votes, so it should be round and as tall like the concept art we voted for.
I think you're right, i also want the base to be round because the statue won't consume enough space with the rectangular base. We need it to be round so it shapes like a XXL sized pizza, this way i can also use it as a spare wheel on my delivery van, i will have a delivery van by then because my useless oversized boxed round base won't fit in any normal familycar. But it being round i guess i can ofcourse just roll it down the street, which is a big advantage over the rectangular base since we all know round rolls better. Also the base MUST have a dimension of more than 20 inches, because all display cases are smaller than that, having a rectangular base would just give me too many displayoptions and i just wouldn't be able to choose, whilst having a round base measuring 60 inches i would know exactly where to put it, on my dining table or maybe on the floor, both great options. It would ofcourse also be great to have inches of unused space on the base behind and in front of Goro, this is particulary interesting because it will make the statue slightly more expensive to produce, since the economy in China is dwindling it think this would be a great way to contribute and help them out.
Seba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #433
addic
The X-Men

addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #434
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #435
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That latest pic of Goro's head sculpt in the newsletter is excellent
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #436
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Can you post it here please? For reasons unknown, I never have pictures in PCS' newsletters
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #437
mkkollector81
Justice League

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	101216  
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #438
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
Perfection
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #439
Rayckl09
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Cool. The face looks pretty mean. Better than I expected when looking at previous photos.

Still hoping for a swap out angry pissed off head showing his teeth. Either way this is looking pretty bad a$&.

The base now looks pretty "rectangular". That's fine, it makes sense considering how big this guy is gonna be. The skeletons and light ups from the those original concept photos would be awesome. Can't wait to see more...
Rayckl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #440
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayckl09 View Post
Cool. The face looks pretty mean. Better than I expected when looking at previous photos.

Still hoping for a swap out angry pissed off head showing his teeth. Either way this is looking pretty bad a$&.

The base now looks pretty "rectangular". That's fine, it makes sense considering how big this guy is gonna be. The skeletons and light ups from the those original concept photos would be awesome. Can't wait to see more...
A rectangular base does not make sense because every 1/3 MK BASE IS ROUND and he needs to match the rest of the line with a round base... The dungeon themed base will look bad being rectangular and out of place. It needs to be taller as well so it can fit the window with glowing eyes.. The first base on the concept art won the vote and thats what should be created... An odd rectangular base will not look as good as if it matched all the other MK 1/3's with them being round.

The new angry face sculpt looks excellent, but Goro still looks much better with an angry face flashing his teeth. His closed mouth having thin to no lips is not as cool as flashing some gritty acrylic teeth. He should only have one head so there is no seam... A switch out head with this bare skin pose will not look good because the seam would be visible.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote