Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 09-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #41
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I missed out on the 1/5 scale line so I am jumping into this new line and picking up some must have pieces.

This is welcome news to me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:38 AM   #42
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mystery View Post
Aren't these re-releases of the 1/5th in 1/10th scale?
If you check the prices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2K4 View Post
I dont believe these are pictures of the actual 1/10th pieces.

Ive emailed attakus to verify.

Will let you guys know if I hear from them.
I think these are stock photos of their 1/5 statues to show how the upcoming 1/10 would look like (kind of).

Not sure if I will get these, on one hand I wouldn't mind the Stormie, but on the other I try to limit the number of 1/10 stuff or smaller in my collection.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #43
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I also missed out on these when they were released in 1/5 scale, so I'll most likely get these. The price is not bad and they're usually very nice pieces.

I'd definitely be pretty frustrated by this release if I owned the original though.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #44
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I also missed out on these when they were released in 1/5 scale, so I'll most likely get these. The price is not bad and they're usually very nice pieces.

I'd definitely be pretty frustrated by this release if I owned the original though.
Yeah I can definitely understand the frustration from those that are invested in the 1/5 scale line.

I wonder if Attakus has any plans to release anymore pieces in this new line beyond what has already been revealed.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #45
Marvelito

If they do it probably won't be for a couple of years. That's been the way of things with the Elite line.

The first wave of clones came out towards the end of 2011, then in 2013 they released the droids and Yoda which were re-releases as well. Early last year they released they released the second wave of two clones.

I'd be surprised if we see anything next year, unless it's the rest of the 1/5 line in 1/10 form, but even then...
Old 09-10-2015, 03:28 AM   #46
jkno4u

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Yeah I can definitely understand the frustration from those that are invested in the 1/5 scale line.

I wonder if Attakus has any plans to release anymore pieces in this new line beyond what has already been revealed.
These are not a competing product for the older 1/5 statues. The new ones are half that size, being just 1/10
Old 09-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #47
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
These are not a competing product for the older 1/5 statues. The new ones are half that size, being just 1/10
I know but since they seem to be going back and redoing several of the 1/5 line in 1/10 scale I wonder how far they will take it. Maybe this first wave is all we will get.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #48
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I don't think anyone sees them as competing in anyway due to the size differences. I think our comments about fan frustration are more in regards to the lack of brand new product for either the 1/5 line or the Elite line. I'm sure people who own the original 1/5 line don't feel their statues' value threatened in any way by these being re-released in a smaller scale.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #49
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone sees them as competing in anyway due to the size differences. I think our comments about fan frustration are more in regards to the lack of brand new product for either the 1/5 line or the Elite line. I'm sure people who own the original 1/5 line don't feel their statues' value threatened in any way by these being re-released in a smaller scale.
^ this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:39 AM   #50
jkno4u

Attakus just like Kotobukiya seem they are not going to release more of their 1/5 or 1/7 scale series of statues. They are going smaller size to appeal a different type of collector, or at least that is what the Koto representative said on another board. I have a hunch something similar is happening to Attakus. Larger scale for these 2 companies, at least in SW realm is dead