Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #2001
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Because I want to lock in an EX and I want it in hand as soon as possible. Unlike some others on this board, I have faith in Sideshow delivering an amazing looking statue. And if by chance I don't like it, I'll simply send it back. Just not a big issue at all. And again, I absolutely LOVE the Flex Pay program and day one pre ordering allows me the maximum of 8 payments, which is exactly what I want.
You can always do that, just do not have the patience to send it back, that's wasting my time, when the product should have true and correct as promised in the 1st place, if it a piece I truly want, I might wait for the production piece, before I EX, but in good faith cannot justify PO'ing based on a Prototype or Rendering offered by SSC, I will be convinced if they do a Run of Spot on pieces, but there are to many here that would argue that theres always something wrong and 50% of the time, they are right. JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes I agree ordering first is always best. Sideshow has proven that the production pieces are overall very well done with the last releases with even the toughest statues like RS, and the insanely difficult super girl along with Capt. Marvel. They really improved and now I have more faith in them than any other company to come thru. Can't speak for prime1 since I never ordered from them before. PCS has always been exactly like the prototype as well. XM has been pretty exact too. Seems like every company has been getting good qc lately which is so much less stress for collectors. I would too once I get my career going later on and worry less about money.
You have a Very Short Memory CBG, not every piece that has come out of SSC is Gold, from what I am understanding by the tone of your commentary, and then comparing them to PCS and XM + P1, as if SSC is, never mind, but hey that's your Opinion
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #2002
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Agreed. Black just makes it stand out even more. I like it exacty how it is. I wont be changing a thing, although I am tempted to buy a 2nd one and have a custom job done. I forget, was there any news released on Sideshow possibly doing a variant for this piece?

Becuase I want to lock in an EX and I want it in hand as soon as possible. Unlike some others on this board, I have faith in Sideshow deliving an amazing looking statue. And if by chance I don't like it, I'll simply send it back. Just not a big issue at all. And again, I absolutely LOVE the Flex Pay program and day one pre ordering allows me the maximum of 8 payments, which is exactly what I want.
the dilemma if you live outside the US:

1. Shipping is very expensive and you have to take the hit both ways (SS does not refund the shipping cost for dissatisfied customers and you have to fork over the shipping cost back to them). So, you are losing around $150 if not more when everything is said and done.

2. Then, you have to fight (and I do mean fight) to get back your taxes/duty from your local government. In Ontario (canada) it is 19.5%. You heard that right...19.5%...and we're dirt cheap compared to somewhere like Brazil.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #2003
ChromeColossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
the dilemma if you live outside the US:

1. Shipping is very expensive and you have to take the hit both ways (SS does not refund the shipping cost for dissatisfied customers and you have to fork over the shipping cost back to them). So, you are losing around $150 if not more when everything is said and done.

2. Then, you have to fight (and I do mean fight) to get back your taxes/duty from your local government. In Ontario (canada) it is 19.5%. You heard that right...19.5%...and we're dirt cheap compared to somewhere like Brazil.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #2004
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I know why this piece doesn't look as fierce to me as it did before. Aside from lack of darker colors on her eyes, there is no paint contouring of her forehead and cheeks. That's what is taking away from this piece from me. Sure, it's well painted but her face is just there in these in-hand photos.

And without seeing the EX head, I'm fearing it may be the same for that portrait too. I'm hoping that more hi-res photos capture her face because Captain Marvel has the shading I'm talking about. I can't imagine why the factory wouldn't do the same work for Dark Phoenix.

And I'm not sure why people are not pleased with the red suit. It's the same color as it was in the prototype photos. I can't see a difference in any of the piece except her face paint apps. Far less detail, which is a shame because it's the ONLY piece of exposed flesh.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #2005
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
You can always do that, just do not have the patience to send it back, that's wasting my time, when the product should have true and correct as promised in the 1st place, if it a piece I truly want, I might wait for the production piece, before I EX, but in good faith cannot justify PO'ing based on a Prototype or Rendering offered by SSC, I will be convinced if they do a Run of Spot on pieces, but there are to many here that would argue that theres always something wrong and 50% of the time, they are right. JMO

You have a Very Short Memory CBG, not every piece that has come out of SSC is Gold, from what I am understanding by the tone of your commentary, and then comparing them to PCS and XM + P1, as if SSC is, never mind, but hey that's your Opinion
Hey I had a ton of issues with SS in the past. I'm just saying I'm really surprised they pulled off the qc on RS, cap marve, and supergirl. Those are some of the toughest statues to get right in terms of qc. So I have more faith in SS now than before by far. Just hope they will keep this up for future pieces. I'm impressed on the direction they are going with qc compared to the older days which was terrible.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #2006
ChromeColossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Hey I had a ton of issues with SS in the past. I'm just saying I'm really surprised they pulled off the qc on RS, cap marve, and supergirl. Those are some of the toughest statues to get right in terms of qc. So I have more faith in SS now than before by far. Just hope they will keep this up for future pieces. I'm impressed on the direction they are going with qc compared to the older days which was terrible.
agree to disagree then
Old 01-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #2007
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

First unboxing courtesy of DNN.

https://youtu.be/YHXC5KKwMJQ
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #2008
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Looking forward to in hand pics on this
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:19 AM   #2009
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Looks like a winner.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #2010
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Don't know about you guys, but this statue to me looks GREAT! I have no nitpicks about this thing. Can't wait to get this thing!
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote