Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #61
dao2
Cyclops

nah because the factories still ---- it up :P these aren't indeed the even close to the best of their painting ability.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #62
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Your last remark, if that will become reality, defeats the purpose of making in house AP's.
It is reality. There is no way the in house stuff of the last two releases compaires to the stuff they had done in China. The painting has been dumbed down to cut down on the time it takes to crank them out.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #63
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Watching Arahom Facebook/youtube videos he seems like such a nice guy compared to how condescending he is in his emails/ what he says to people online.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #64
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Watching Arahom Facebook/youtube videos he seems like such a nice guy compared to how condescending he is in his emails/ what he says to people online.
Keyboard warriors.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #65
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

keyboard warrior? idk, i mean when he tells you your not getting a refund, your not getting a refund, even if he is in the wrong. i'd say more of a cyberbully.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:59 AM   #66
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Actually they do use Chinese factories for their quality :P Of course they went there for the cheap labor but they've been doing decent stuff at cheap as hell prices for a long time now and have gotten pretty good at it. Some industries have tried moving to India cause of the rising costs but since they don't really have the infrastructure or the trained labor yet their quality is pretty ---- atm hence sticking it out with China for the time being despite the rising costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yes ;p Always funny how people just assume people will do a better job in the US. They are the same people whose factory bosses care about bottom dollar and they personally don't give a ---- about what they are producing. Chinese people aren't inherently worse at it or something. Every country has master painters and just factory workers.
I've worked in outsourcing for multi-nationals for a long time, across China, India, and SE Asia. I understand well how it all works and will leave it at that.

My point was statue makers would love to produce closer to home due to better ability to oversee production but can not due to the costs of operating at volume.
ARH is not blazing some new trail by doing work in house right now. By Arahom's own admission, he is doing it get back on his feet.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote