Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #2311
Trinita
Fantastic Four

Lets see those arms..on Statue?
Trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:52 AM   #2312
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks everyone, I’m super pumped about this repaint. I was never a big fan of the original paint app, so I think this will breathe some new life into an already incredible statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmtongue View Post
Wow that's f÷cking amazing looking! Makes a huge difference. Who repainted those? And how much was it? Damn you XM!!!
Thanks man, I think they came out awesome. Kenny Alasandro did the repaint. PM me about the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah saw your pics on FB earlier. Looked amazing there and still looks amazing here! Definitely take pictures of Cable once you get the arms in. This is Don btw
Yo Don! Good to see you around here too. Thanks again, I’m super excited about this. I know Thanos is the talk of the town, and rightfully so as I got one too, but this has me way more excited. I think this will take the statue to 11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinita View Post
Lets see those arms..on Statue?
Well I did write I didn’t have them in hand yet, so it would be hard to provide those pics at this moment . He shipped them out today, so I’ll have them in a couple days, super excited. I’ll definitely take plenty of pics!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #2313
Lordthanos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Thanks everyone, I’m super pumped about this repaint. I was never a big fan of the original paint app, so I think this will breathe some new life into an already incredible statue.

Thanks man, I think they came out awesome. Kenny Alasandro did the repaint. PM me about the price.

Yo Don! Good to see you around here too. Thanks again, I’m super excited about this. I know Thanos is the talk of the town, and rightfully so as I got one too, but this has me way more excited. I think this will take the statue to 11!

Well I did write I didn’t have them in hand yet, so it would be hard to provide those pics at this moment . He shipped them out today, so I’ll have them in a couple days, super excited. I’ll definitely take plenty of pics!

Any pics on those amazing arms yet???
Love to get my Cable’s arms repainted as well.
Is Kenny Alasandro in the East Coast?
Lordthanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #2314
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordthanos View Post
Any pics on those amazing arms yet???
Love to get my Cable’s arms repainted as well.
Is Kenny Alasandro in the East Coast?
No, he's in California.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #2315
nearmint
Phoenix

I'm torn on the shiny arm thing. Part of me thinks it's out of character. That Cable would keep a mechanical arm well-oiled, but wouldn't be too concerned with how it looked. The other part of me thinks shiny chrome is awesome.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #2316
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I personally prefer the normal silver for his arm over chrome.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #2317
Lordthanos
Adamantium Member

Maybe Cable had too much time on his hand and decided to shine it up.... I just think chrome looks cool, my displays don’t actually have to be exactly like the character. I have a few pieces that are chromed and it looks awesome in person.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:18 AM   #2318
ChaFoShizzle

My bad my dudes, totally neglected posting pictures of the finished arms here. Lighting wasn’t the best so they do look a bit shinier in person. Really happy with the way they turned out, as it’s a subtle change. Just enough to breathe new life into the piece for me. Since it’s not a mirror chrome I feel it doesn’t stand out in that awkward way.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:38 AM   #2319
ChaFoShizzle

As far as the shiny arm being in character I feel it definitely fits. He’s been depicted more than enough times in the comics with a shiny arm so it’s nothing out of line. What we personally think the character would do or etc, doesnt always matter for comic book characters because sometimes it just depends if the artist/writer wants it to look a certain way. Man, some of these Liefield proportions are terrible.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #2320
Lordthanos
Adamantium Member

Back when Liefeld was drawing Cable and X-Force, my biggest gripe with his art was that if you look at every
page, none of them has any background and if there are any, it's usually geometric designs. He couldn't drawn buildings, landscapes etc.... Look at his background art and compare them with Jim Lee's!