Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 03-21-2022, 01:36 AM   #101
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I used to more or less only collect 1/8th and 1/7th Japanese figures and I miss them in comparison. They are so small and efficient and the paint apps, sculpts, and QC are usually more consistent too. Dizzy goes well with those statues as she isn't too much bigger than them.
I'm just getting into 1/7 & 1/8 Anime PVC figures! Loving exactly those points you mentioned. So much so, th a I'm wondering if it makes sense to stick with large scale statues at all.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:49 AM   #102
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

When 1/4th stuff was around $300 to $400 it was worth it, but now that they cost so much and the bases are so huge I think it's just better to stick with the smaller scales again.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:52 AM   #103
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm just getting into 1/7 & 1/8 Anime PVC figures! Loving exactly those points you mentioned. So much so, th a I'm wondering if it makes sense to stick with large scale statues at all.......
It?s really hard to justify buying 1/4th+ scale statues where there?s been no meaningful improvements in consistent paint quality, while the 1/6th game and PVC statues are getting better and better, and you can actually resell stuff to make room since it?s not going to be a huge hassle to box and ship compared to large scale pieces.

Good sculpts are great, but when paint quality takes such a nose dive on the bulk of ?premium? pieces it?s not worth it.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:01 AM   #104
epiksol
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
We are on it right now!
Is Dizzy still being shipped to providers? I?ve had her on preorder for over a year now at BBTS. It has been consistently delayed whenever the estimated date approaches. Details are unable to be given either whenever I?ve reached out.

I don?t at all mind waiting as long as I know there?s still hope! Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated!
epiksol is offline   Reply With Quote