GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #902
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
It's a great piece and great pics. I'm bummed I didn't get the metal display piece. I looked all over for it. First batch or random maybe?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #903
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
It's a great piece and great pics. I'm bummed I didn't get the metal display piece. I looked all over for it. First batch or random maybe?
I believe I read from XM, it's given to the first 30% of orders.

Don't know how that works for suppliers that ship these out though. Might need to be a bit lucky.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:10 AM   #904
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

For those that have this piece, do you know if the steel girders at the back can be placed in different rotations, or only fit one way? For some reason, that smallest girder not being 'cut off' by the optic blast at the same direction as the others is really grinding on me! I noticed on one of Grumpy's photos that one of the taller girders seems to be facing the other way to the other, whereas in the videos they match direction, so wonder if they can all be adjusted to face the same way?
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #905
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
For those that have this piece, do you know if the steel girders at the back can be placed in different rotations, or only fit one way? For some reason, that smallest girder not being 'cut off' by the optic blast at the same direction as the others is really grinding on me! I noticed on one of Grumpy's photos that one of the taller girders seems to be facing the other way to the other, whereas in the videos they match direction, so wonder if they can all be adjusted to face the same way?
I believe they are all meant to be only one way, at least that's how it seemed with me when I was putting it together.

The smallest girder on mine faces a different direction as well.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:08 PM   #906
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The sad thing is XM Collectors did ask XM to make the calm portrait torso more straight, so he's not hunched over so much, but they chose to ignore their customers
Pre emptive lean
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:52 PM   #907
built2shred
Phoenix

After viewing this for several weeks I'm now on the fence about selling this... It just didn't come out quite as good as I had hope it would...

The screaming torso doesn't really fit in well with any of the other X-Men poses and the hunched over body looks kind of weird.... And I really hate the yellow diapers...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #908
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
After viewing this for several weeks I'm now on the fence about selling this... It just didn't come out quite as good as I had hope it would...

The screaming torso doesn't really fit in well with any of the other X-Men poses and the hunched over body looks kind of weird.... And I really hate the yellow diapers...
That sucks, i know how hyped you were to get him to. I think every so often you get a statue like that. Where the more you look at it, the more you dislike it, even if you were hyped initially.

Hopefully you can decide to be happy with it or if not wait for another cyclops as my guess is you just don't like the jim lee version of him?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #909
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
That sucks, i know how hyped you were to get him to. I think every so often you get a statue like that. Where the more you look at it, the more you dislike it, even if you were hyped initially.

Hopefully you can decide to be happy with it or if not wait for another cyclops as my guess is you just don't like the jim lee version of him?
If XM had modernized his suit like SS did with Wolverine that would have helped plus if they had tweaked his pose, so he was more upright instead of hunched over..

It's like you said, sometimes when you get a statue in hand and you view it for several weeks you notice things you didn't notice in pictures... With limited display space you gotta be picky Plus I think I'm over my nostalgia of old wrestling uniforms with the underwear on the outside or females whose outfits are basically one piece swimsuits... I prefer the more modern stuff.... It's partly why I'm selling all my Tweeterhead Power Line DC statues in favor of XM's Rebirth statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #910
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I actually just bought this locally for a good deal because I was so impressed with XM Colossus. I really like both torsos on Cyke.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote