Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Dizneeguy
Kindly Asked To Leave

More sub-par garbage from DC surrounding the 'Superboy' movie. Just because WETA has attached their name to these doesn't make them great. WETA is great on their sculpts, but hit and miss on their paint jobs, IMO. Anything not human looks pretty good from the factory, but anything human is poor to awful. Look at the Kong pieces...the painting on Ann Darrow looks like something you'd find at Hallmark on a clearance rack. Again, WETA's sculpting team is great but it's gonna fall way short in the shadow of the LOTR line, etc. On the bright side, it's factory paint jobs that help keep me and my crew busy. Maybe WETA should just offer their 'good' movie characters in kit form as an option.
Dizneeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
blackjack
Hellboy

That's good that DC is putting out this crap.....1. I don't have to buy it and 2. I hope nobody will buy it and they will lose money....

I think their Art Director should get fire!!!
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

they are charging sideshow prices
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I really like DC product (even if size is not consistent) but this time I think they are really out to lunch. They are counting on the Superman collectors and the fan base of the film to carry this product. I am sure they will also make cash off the novice collector who thinks these will be investment pieces. You think they would know better by now.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #15
Superhero
The Spirit

You guys are missing the boat on these....no one is going to pay that for them so that means they will be available for 30% of that price on e-Bay shortly after they are released.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Umm... Do you guys seriously pay retail for anything anymore (besides exclusives)???
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #17
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

DC is nuts. I don't know whos pulling the trigger on these things over there - but I sure as hell don't get it.

As another forum member noted...at least I don't have to buy these. I'll put this money toward quality Marvel pieces.

I get DC pieces at 35% off anyway...and thats still way too much for this stuff.
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #18
superash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

the only thing they have going for them that might consitute them for being this price is, is that they are all 20inches high. that is about it. i am a huge superman fan, and was really looking forward to getting some of these peices, but for that price i am going to have to pass, and hope for ebay.
superash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #19
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Boooooooo!!
I'm not buying any then.
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 AM   #20
Gannon
Sailor Moon

I do like the effect they pulled off for the one that he is holding up the lava pot. that is sweet!
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote