Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #6941
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Exactly. With Mondo and other prints we are talking about stuff that is limited and can appreciate. You have to do it right. I would be sick if someone did a bad frame job on one of my Ansin or Durieux prints.

In the old days people didn't know and it was easier to dry or wet mount stuff like posters. Bad framers don't care but good framers should know better and at least explain to customers what they are doing and how it could affect the future value.

I still have a few non valuable posters / prints wet mounted. And some dry mounted. But they are worthless and I can get them again like the X-Men #1 gatefold cover and a few old posters that were in terrible condition.
Yeah, that is why I have pushed so hard on many occassions for people in here to start doing their own framing. Its SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper and you are in full control over the materials and methods used for framing. There is no wondering if the framer is going to do a good job or use proper materials. Everything is 100% in your hands. And again, the amount of money you save is significant to say the least.

And lastly, as I have stated in all the threads I made about framing, one of the single best aspects of doing your own framing is you can switch out the pictures in the frame. That way you can literally display hundreds of prints with just a small number of frames. I have well over 200 matted prints that I can switch into any frame in my house on a moments notice. This is honestly my single favorite aspect of doing my own framing. The amount of money I save and the fact that I know its 100% archival is just a bonus. The ability to switch out prints is by far my single favorite aspect of doing my own framing. It never ceases to amaze me how refreshing and different a room can look when you switch up the framed artwork on a regular basis and it only takes a few minutes to switch out a print.

And the crazy thing is that framing is INCREDIBLY easy to learn and requires very litle investment. Yet amazingly most people continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money getting thier prints professionally framed as opposed learning how to do it themselves and in each case taking a risk that the framer is going to skimp out on materials or not do a proper job. Framers know that 99% of the prints they frame will likely never come back out of the frame or if they do, so much time will have passed by that time that they don't even worry about possible repercussions. They know they can use cheaper non archival materials for thier framing and 99% of their customers will likely never find out.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #6942
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

https://hcgart.com/collections/quatt...by-vance-kelly

Just purchased The Matrix.

The green color being incorporated would have been perfect especially for the matrix code. But I like that the overall dark blue/grey colors evokes the tone of the theatrical poster.

And I love that the poster captures so many elements from the movie including majority of the cast without feeling crowded.

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #6943
Luminous
Cyclops

That's what the reg reminded me of! I knew there was a reason I preferred it over the variant.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #6944
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Great Matrix print.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:57 AM   #6945
FROBAY
Phoenix

Yeah, I like em both. Vance Kelly is awesome. Can't wait to see them in person. HCG is very slow with shipping.

Funny, if that Matrix was a mondo release it would be sold out and fetching big money. Just shows Mondo buyers are mostly flippers.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #6946
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's what the reg reminded me of! I knew there was a reason I preferred it over the variant.

Cheers guys . I am so excited to get this print. I don't own any Matrix prints, never thought any artist will step up with a worthwhile one. The New Flesh private commission is the last one I remember.

I only own the 24x36 Matrix home video poster which has the theatrical poster design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Funny, if that Matrix was a mondo release it would be sold out and fetching big money. Just shows Mondo buyers are mostly flippers.
You're right. And there is hardly any discussion about it on EB. I didn't keep up with these releases last week. So I am lucky I managed to snag one this late.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #6947
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Yeah, I like em both. Vance Kelly is awesome. Can't wait to see them in person. HCG is very slow with shipping.

Yup and they line up by the droves at their SDCC booth.

It's quite comical.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #6948
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yup and they line up by the droves at their SDCC booth.

It's quite comical.
What's comical about capitalism?
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #6949
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
What's comical about capitalism?
It's comical because even though their intention is to flip, they probably have no idea what they're getting by the time they actually reach the both.

I remember sitting there just watching the line grow and grow with some folks joining because it was simply a Mondo line.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #6950
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
It's comical because even though their intention is to flip, they probably have no idea what they're getting by the time they actually reach the both.

I remember sitting there just watching the line grow and grow with some folks joining because it was simply a Mondo line.
That's it. If the line is long there must be something there worth having. LOL

I have nothing against flippers. It is what it is. I do have a problem with a company that admits they have a bot problem and does nothing about it, right Mondo. At least level the playing field. I've noticed lately most Mondo pieces do not hold much value, oversaturation in the print market. The print game is dying out, only a few well liked artists will have a future here, IMO.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote