Fantomah

Awesome display!
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #43
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
My bowen grails would be my chrome surfer signed in person by Stan Lee, and my new bowen action Thor, also signed in person by Stan Lee

others would be my custom Magus, and my repainted villafane Magneto
Anything signed by Stan Lee is a Grail in my book. For all I care he can sign my toilet paper and I will treasure it til the end of time.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I bow down to you.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #45
Teague
Iron Man

At one time, I considered selling all (or most) of my collection in order to buy just one real bronze statue--probably Spidey or Cap.

Now that I'm selling my collection for other reasons, I'm still hoping one of those bronzes is available someday...
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #46
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
At one time, I considered selling all (or most) of my collection in order to buy just one real bronze statue--probably Spidey or Cap.

Now that I'm selling my collection for other reasons, I'm still hoping one of those bronzes is available someday...
when I was waiting in line to get my thor and surfer signed by stan lee at the calgary expo this year, this guy had 2 big plastic crates...and to my suprise, what does he take out for stan lee to sign...but the original bronze captain america by bowen AND the original bronze spidey by bowen...yeah my signed chrome surfer and thor dont seem so hot anymore... haha my friend and I were almost seriously contemplating jumping him in the parking lot LOL
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #47
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
And Tomb of Dracula, too? You lobbied hard enough and now it will become a reality.

Mine was the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider MB that me and Armitage pushed so hard to get. Now it's among my favorites.

My other grails?
Wonder Man FS--I have been pushing for this from time to time.

Two-Gun Kid FS--I don't know if this will ever become a reality but I've always put it as a choice in those wish-lists
I desperately want a Tomb of Dracula, but don't consider it out of reach. The bronze Spidey and Cap, though, I do consider out of reach...if only for the moment!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #48
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

My Grail is the blue and yellow Goliath FS. Favorite Avenger, favorite costume... and it almost didn't happen.

A scrapped prototype, years of near-silence on the progress of the statue, proposals to have Goliath (if produced) kneeling (ugh!), or produced at the same height as the other Avengers (double-ugh), followed by promising new sneaks, and then the ugly news that production costs in China had increased to the point that the statues might be unaffordable...

And finally, BD's offering all of the Giant Pyms for pre-order at about the same time, while making this one — and only this one — a pre-orders-dependent website exclusive that would die if it didn't reach the magic number. (I understand that the provisions of the contract, hard-won in the first place, may have necessitated near-simultaneous pre-orders, but it was still a marketing nightmare.)

BD is the only company that would even have considered a project like this, and I'm delighted that it became a reality: even more so, that RB responded to feedback from the fans on what Goliath should look like.

Still, there were many times I wasn't sure it would happen at all.

And victory is all the sweeter. My Grail, indeed!
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #49
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I think the new Ms. Marvel bust is a grail!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #50
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Pym View Post
My Grail is the blue and yellow Goliath FS. Favorite Avenger, favorite costume... and it almost didn't happen.

A scrapped prototype, years of near-silence on the progress of the statue, proposals to have Goliath (if produced) kneeling (ugh!), or produced at the same height as the other Avengers (double-ugh), followed by promising new sneaks, and then the ugly news that production costs in China had increased to the point that the statues might be unaffordable...

And finally, BD's offering all of the Giant Pyms for pre-order at about the same time, while making this one — and only this one — a pre-orders-dependent website exclusive that would die if it didn't reach the magic number. (I understand that the provisions of the contract, hard-won in the first place, may have necessitated near-simultaneous pre-orders, but it was still a marketing nightmare.)

BD is the only company that would even have considered a project like this, and I'm delighted that it became a reality: even more so, that RB responded to feedback from the fans on what Goliath should look like.

Still, there were many times I wasn't sure it would happen at all.

And victory is all the sweeter. My Grail, indeed!
I take my hat off to BD, they dare to do what others don't. always looking out for the true Marvel Fans.