Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 04-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Darth Vader 1/4 ??

Can it be??????

Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
Vader
Ghost

that's from the newer movies. looks bad. Noooooooooooooo!!!!!
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
Raas Kaaz

DM ... or whoever. .. I saw those movie countless times... what's the big difference between all those movie Vader cause I can't seam to see a big difference at all...

I'm watching those movies over 30 years....
Old 04-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
Vader
Ghost

It's the chest armor (one piece with shoulders), the helmet bell (slightly larger), and the full black mask (rather than grey/black). Vader himself is more skinny. it makes the head/helmet look too large for the body.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 AM   #5
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Every time a Vader comes out, the geek squad overwhelms the the thread with "OH NNOOOooOs, IT BAD" comments, for the most nit picky reasons. Honestly, it gets boring after the first post.

It's Vader, end of, don't like it, don't buy it. No one outside of a miniscule minority cares about those minor (overstatement) differences to the actual MOVIE props.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 AM   #6
ambasah
Red Skull

A lot of us care. Especially if you're spending hundreds of dollars and are enough of a fan to post on message boards. In my view, this place is not for the "causal fan".

Having said all of that, HT indicated this is still a work in progress. I look forward to the full reveal and getting this guy to join my vader collection.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #7
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

First of all, apologies, re reading my message it was too harsh. I appreciate that people want a representative replica of the character they are a fan of.

I'm also a Star Wars fan, I'm not a fanatic, but I'm also more than just casual. I struggle to indentify the minute differences between one costume and another. So, over the months I've become frustrated by the constant naysaying every time a new Vader is shown.

However, that's my problem, and something I need to deal with. If collectors feel that, for any reason, the product isn't up to scratch they have the right to call it out. Especially if that leads to desirable changes which make the product a better proposition to them.

I haven't deleted my comment above, as it would steal the context of Ambash's response.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
Raas Kaaz

I see that the chest piece is the major difference.. and I admit I like the separate ones much better... WHY is it so hard to listen to fans that buys those products ..all everyone cares and wants is a classic AH or ESB vader..
Old 04-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
ambasah
Red Skull

Silas, I agree some fans do go overboard with the nitpicks. I remember the uproar when EFX announced the vader bucket. Some guys on the prop forums reacted as if their child had been stolen.

In the end, like everything else, it is about voicing your opinion in a constructive manner and then being mature enough to "move on".

I share the disappointment that this will be a prequel vader rather than an OT vader, but given HT quality, I will likely bite as long as the price isn't crazy.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #10
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
DM ... or whoever. .. I saw those movie countless times... what's the big difference between all those movie Vader cause I can't seam to see a big difference at all...

I'm watching those movies over 30 years....
there are multiple minute differences between the diffident versions of Vader from the film. from the helemt (dome size and widows peek to the larger lens size in ROTJ, and lens color, Amber for ANH, and off yellowish Amber for ESB, Yellow for ROTJ and gray flat for ROTS. and paint finishes, low gloss for ANH and with the paint being aplied by hand witha brush, where ESB was more of a gloss and was spray painted same with ROTJ but had a higher gloss finish) and while the OT helmets were all Asymmetrical, ROTS was Symmetrical and all black and no two tone gunmetal gray and black color scheme.

the gloves (from the horizontal and vertical ribs on the forearms/gauntlets, 11 horizontal ribs to be precise for ANH and vertical ribs for ESB and ROTJ)

the shoulder/chest armor . same paint schemes as the helmet, but ESB had all black shoulder bells where ANH and ROTJ had the two tone GMG and black stripes. and the inner robe went over the ANH version while it was under the armor for ESB and ROTJ. and the ROTS armor has no stripes on the bells and appear to look connected but really arent. there is a seam at the black rip that meets the shoulder bell.

the chest box, ANH had red green light (thats didn't light up) and white and gray switches ay the bottom. and only had silver rods running vertical on the left and right sides. ESB and ROTJ had red and blue lights that did light up, and then had gray and red switches at the bottom. and they had gold pieces added to the tops and bottoms of the silver rods on the left and right. ROTS was like ANH's but had gray and red switches at the bottom.

belt boxes i do believe were mainly the same, ANH BB didn't light up where ESB and ROTJ did. and the 6 silver pegs on the out side of the boxes were silver with a red ring at the base for ANH and only silver for ESB ROTJ and ROTs

the greaves/shin armor, they were the same for the OT films but were changed for ROTS.

even the sabers had slight differences. but those im not quite sure of..

im no expert, so if there is someone out there that reads this and i have something wrong. please call me out on it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote