Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 06-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #21
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Hmmm....yes
Nice!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #22
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow! So glad I stumbled onto this post. Big Cammy and Juri fan here! Ordered both!
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #23
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Wow! So glad I stumbled onto this post. Big Cammy and Juri fan here! Ordered both!
Thanks for your support
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 PM   #24
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So I just got in both art prints tonight, and I gotta say that they're very underwhelming =(

The colors aren't saturated at all, and the quality of both images come off as very "photocopy-ish looking." The Juri print is a bit more forgivable since it was a sketch Artgerm made for his classroom, so it wasn't produced as a high quality image to begin with. But the Doll print suffers greatly. The blacks aren't deep, the colors aren't vibrant, and it overall feels kinda cheap.

They're definitely not worth more than $20 a print, and what's worse for me is that I payed the extra to have Stanley sign the Juria print which he didn't do =(
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #25
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
So I just got in both art prints tonight, and I gotta say that they're very underwhelming =(

The colors aren't saturated at all, and the quality of both images come off as very "photocopy-ish looking." The Juri print is a bit more forgivable since it was a sketch Artgerm made for his classroom, so it wasn't produced as a high quality image to begin with. But the Doll print suffers greatly. The blacks aren't deep, the colors aren't vibrant, and it overall feels kinda cheap.

They're definitely not worth more than $20 a print, and what's worse for me is that I payed the extra to have Stanley sign the Juria print which he didn't do =(
Been waiting for a review. Do you have any of the Sideshow prints? If so how do they compare?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #26
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Been waiting for a review. Do you have any of the Sideshow prints? If so how do they compare.
I only ever purchased one Sideshow print (Ivy), and when comparing that to these it's like night and day. These prints look washed out (the photocopy-ish look), have the company trademark/copyright stamps largely placed in one corner, the Capcom logo placed just as large in the other corner, have the Kinetiquettes paper stamp hidden in the image (it's small anyways, but it's not placed in the lower corner border like every other companies/artists print), and has a thinner paper texture than Sideshow's.

Again, it'd be an okay $20 print. But $50-$75 per print + an average $40 shipping price makes the $160 for these pretty atrocious.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:44 AM   #27
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Thanks for taking the time to critique.

Disappointing to hear.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:28 AM   #28
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Unless they improve, I'll be skipping them. Shame, I wouldn't mind a decent Street Fighter print. Might cave in and turn to C&B. They're expensive but highly professional.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #29
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post

I echo everything you said here. No where near Sideshow's print quality. How was the packaging on yours? The tube mine came in did not even have caps on them! Not sure if they were removed on route or they were shipped that way. Also, no ArtGerm sig either. I'll be contacting them soon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention after closer inspection, there were some creases and dents along the borders for both my prints like they were handled roughly. Not sure if it was their warehouse or FedEx or both. Missing caps on the shipping tube probably didn't help matters. Heavier paper stock like Sideshow uses may have prevented some of that. Disappointing experience but Kinetiquettes was quick to respond and made things right.

Last edited by Valkyrie; 06-23-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #30
Valkyrie

Delete.