Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-09-2016, 04:40 AM   #1001
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

I got my order in

and just in time, I've sold my Beast comiqutte in my collection to put towards Rocket and Groot

One man's junk another man's treasure. (great comiquette just a saying)

That empty spot where my Hulk Comiquette use to be will be vacant for another year until this puppy arrives.

Most of Sideshow's recent Marvel offerings adjusted accordingly by scale

my bad, Wolverine is 1/5 scale .. Tony Stark's head is just really really small like a Hot Toy, which threw me off.
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 AM   #1002
Atimantium
Hydra

The Wolverine vs Sabretooth diorama is far superior to this diorama.
Both characters are sculpted perfectly. The environmental base is amazing. It's heavy. Perfect paint application. Metal claws. There is also battle damage, on both characters. That is a perfect Dio. The Gore Group can do no wrong in my opinion.

This Hulk vs Wolverine diorama is great because the battle is iconic but I don't think this is the greatest sculpted diorama ever though.
And someone already is talking about Grail status. Relax. Grails don't exist anymore. Everything is obtainable. You just have to pay for it. Those $3,000 Magneto statues aren't moving off eBay. Probably because no statue is worth $3,000. I digress, back to the statue.
Wolverine is sculpted to absolute perfection, I wouldn't expect anything less from Martin and the team. Easily the best when it comes to Wolverine in my opinion.
Hulk's pose is strange and a change of portrait would have been nice.
I agree with whomever said this was a sneak attack. Wolverine is fast and feral so that makes sense that he would just leap into battle un-telegraphed. Hulk however is no loser so he would be fast enough to dodge the initial strike from Wolverine but would be thrown off balance having a solid Adamantium skeleton rocking him unexpectedly. So I understand the pose, I just don't like it at first glance. Maybe in person I will feel different. August 2017 can't come soon enough. This in my opinion is the very beginning of the fight. Battle damage doesn't make sense, to me at least. I don't hate the sculpt on this diorama. I just don't see the perfection a lot of you are seeing. It's great, but not perfect. Definitely got it but if I could have gotten just Wolverine on this one I wouldn't have thought twice. The Hulk isn't giving me that same feeling. I prefer the Hulk PF sculpt with the exclusive portrait to this Hulk. I know they aren't the same scale.
I'm speaking in terms of their designs and portraits.
I'm sure when I get this I will love it. I'm just sharing my opinion based off of seeing this only in photos.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:10 AM   #1003
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I haven't read through the entire thread to see if it's been brought up, it probably has, but one of the aspects of this piece that doesn't really work for me is the lack of any claw marks across Hulk. Wolverine is clearly on the downward part of his swing and based on his body position it would be a stretch to say he didn't make contact. While I wouldn't expect serious damage given Hulk's resiliency I think there'd at least be some marks on him.
I think the easiest answer on this is the right one. There were no claw marks on the cover this was based off of, and if they had included claw marks people would have complained.

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #1004
Masamir
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

will this only be available through sideshow?
Masamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #1005
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
The Hulk isn't giving me that same feeling. I prefer the Hulk PF sculpt with the exclusive portrait to this Hulk.
But would you agree that dio Hulk is superior to PF Hulk with the regular portrait?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:20 AM   #1006
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Both characters are sculpted perfectly. The environmental base is amazing. It's heavy. Perfect paint application. Metal claws. There is also battle damage, on both characters. That is a perfect Dio. The Gore Group can do no wrong in my opinion.

This Hulk vs Wolverine diorama is great because the battle is iconic but I don't think this is the greatest sculpted diorama ever though.
And someone already is talking about Grail status. Relax. Grails don't exist anymore. Everything is obtainable. You just have to pay for it. Those $3,000 Magneto statues aren't moving off eBay. Probably because no statue is worth $3,000. I digress, back to the statue.
Wolverine is sculpted to absolute perfection, I wouldn't expect anything less from Martin and the team. Easily the best when it comes to Wolverine in my opinion.
I agree with whomever said this was a sneak attack. Wolverine is fast and feral so that makes sense that he would just leap into battle un-telegraphed. Hulk however is no loser so he would be fast enough to dodge the initial strike from Wolverine but would be thrown off balance having a solid Adamantium skeleton rocking him unexpectedly. So I understand the pose, I just don't like it at first glance. Maybe in person I will feel different. August 2017 can't come soon enough. This in my opinion is the very beginning of the fight. Battle damage doesn't make sense, to me at least. I don't hate the sculpt on this diorama. I just don't see the perfection a lot of you are seeing. It's great, but not perfect. Definitely got it but if I could have gotten just Wolverine on this one I wouldn't have thought twice. The Hulk isn't giving me that same feeling. I prefer the Hulk PF sculpt with the exclusive portrait to this Hulk. I know they aren't the same scale.
I'm sure when I get this I will love it. I'm just sharing my opinion based off of seeing this only in photos.
I agree with your opinion.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #1007
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

Quote:

I had the Wolvie/Sabretooth dio way back and sold it because I didn't find it all that great and I'm a huge Wolvie fan. I mean the sculpt is nice but what irked me I guess about it was that the claws are actually pvc, not metal.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #1008
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauser View Post
I had the Wolvie/Sabretooth dio way back and sold it because I didn't find it all that great and I'm a huge Wolvie fan. I mean the sculpt is nice but what irked me I guess about it was that the claws are actually pvc, not metal.
I can respect your opinion. I have to go back and look at my diorama. I could have sworn they were metal claws.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #1009
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
But would you agree that dio Hulk is superior to PF Hulk with the regular portrait?
Possibly.
I haven't seen either in person. I couldn't afford the EX because I was buying so many other statues that time that when I finally could afford that Hulk PF I skipped on the reg.
That action could be telling. I did not skip on this one.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #1010
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I can respect your opinion. I have to go back and look at my diorama. I could have sworn they were metal claws.
Maybe you've got one that had a metal claw mod? I know that the guy who was doing metal claw replacements for the Sideshow Wolverine legendary scale figure also was able to make claws for the Wolvie/Sabretooth dio. With real metal claws that dio would def. be a sweet piece.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote