Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
CashMachine
Frackin!

Worried about Cover Girls Supergirl - The New Colour Trend at DC Direct

Ok, so someone at DC Direct must really like shiny colours lately. I think it sucks and I hope they dont mess too many figures/statues with this up.

Old Version:

New Version:

Also Im very worried about the logo of the upcoming Cover Girls Supergirl Statue

Check this picture out. The S Logo has very nice normal colours.

And now this Supergirl from the NYCC

Her S Logo looks much shinier to me. God I hope Im wrong. That would really sucks if someone at DC decided to give her an shiny S emblem instead of the normal paint job she already had.
CashMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
dr_teng

There was no difference in the Supergirl S logo from the first time it was shown to this last weekend, I've seen them both in person.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree...saw both, no changes. The top Sups is based more on the Superman Returns suit, so that's why they used the metallic color and the Returns style belt. They use colors according to the suit style. I think they use metallic on the Returns style stuff since the color ways on that suit are so dark, they don't show up well unless they are metallic..
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
CashMachine
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
There was no difference in the Supergirl S logo from the first time it was shown to this last weekend, I've seen them both in person.

Thank you Dr Teng. Thats wonderful news because I love the Statue and already have one on preorder.

You have some awesome well made video reviews out there btw. Hope you do some more.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
CashMachine
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
I agree...saw both, no changes. The top Sups is based more on the Superman Returns suit, so that's why they used the metallic color and the Returns style belt. They use colors according to the suit style. I think they use metallic on the Returns style stuff since the color ways on that suit are so dark, they don't show up well unless they are metallic..
I dont think so. The Sups is based on the Last Son Story Arc based on artwork by Andy Kubert. His logo wasnt shiny in the comcis either. Thats why the first release was the one with the right colours. The new version is just someone playing at DC Direct with shiny/metallic colours on Actionfigures and Statues lately.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMachine View Post
Thank you Dr Teng. Thats wonderful news because I love the Statue and already have one on preorder.

You have some awesome well made video reviews out there btw. Hope you do some more.
Thanks! I've been meaning to but I've been doing a lot of traveling and they got sidelined for a little while. I'm sure I'll have some more up soon.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
el santos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I didn't like this statue, but the brighter colors make it look pretty good.
el santos is offline   Reply With Quote