Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #81
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
she's only existed for what 5 years? there are still plenty of characters from the good movies that have been waiting far longer.
like Jar JAr and the ewoks?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #82
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just saw XM's Punisher and if they are doing vehicles now then I would like to see Luke and Leia on the Speederbike. Or even just Luke with ignited lightsaber on the Speederbike.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #83
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I actually prefer XM to come up with their own designs excluding us at first. Then if its approved by Disney, then they can get feedback from us. XM was the one who plunkered down the money for the license and I am willing to give them the respect of coming up with the AD then spreading it to the masses. If some don't like it, then you can express why and what you may hope to see.

Now if I put my hard earned money towards the license then I would want to be in on the initial designs and what not.
I concur, I have always been very surprised by XM's own ideas and very impressed by the resulting concepts. So I would like to see their proposals. Although if they are looking for ideas i.e. when they have asked for submissions in the past I would entertain that as well. Some people may have great ideas. I dont think it would interfere with their creative process.

I didnt envision Punisher being placed on a bike but they did it...hopefully they do the same with GR and they will look sick side by side.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #84
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think you guys are looking at the notion of recommending ideas to XM a bit differently than I am.

I'm not saying we should design the entire figure (pose, clothing, facial expressions, etc), but we should note certain things that only super fans would know to include with certain statues that they wouldn't know otherwise.

For example, what if a lot of fans wanted a Dantooine Luke to come with a teal colored saber and not blue so it matched how the color looked in the first movie? How would XM know that? What if fans wanted to take Sideshow's Vader design and make sure that his base was painted red/orange to represent Bespin instead of the bluish 3rd Death Star they're doing? How about Jedi Knight Luke having a pointy wizards robe like in the 2 second clip we see of him when he's boarding shuttle Tydirium?

Again, it's not a thread to derail anything XM would do/is doing, but we should be allowed to give them ideas on what fans would like to see so they can be incorporated before a mock-up is created is all I'm thinking.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #85
ReplicantSavior

I want Jedi Luke to have the stunt lightsaber that he's seen using the most in Return of the Jedi.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #86
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
like Jar JAr and the ewoks?
I personally never understood the Jar Jar hate, but no I have no desire for him as a statue. an Ewok however would be amazing.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #87
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I personally never understood the Jar Jar hate,
Watch Red Letter Media's Star Wars reviews. You'll get it then.