Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 PM   #1501
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow love behind the scene pics, thanks for the post Shanesg. Still dont know how the whole thing attaches. Upper torso, arm and saw arm all one piece? magnet for lower torso and belt hides the seam? Id like to know how they got that jacket on there too
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:55 PM   #1502
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

The pic of the portrait being painted without the heavy eye shadow added yet looks great. I think it looks far better without
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #1503
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
The pic of the portrait being painted without the heavy eye shadow added yet looks great. I think it looks far better without
I have a feeling the production piece might look better than prototype portrait-wise. I bet the eye shadow will lighten up in production.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #1504
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I thought the same. I said a while ago the dark eye makeup was the only thing throwing off the portrait. Luckily for anyone who orders, it will likely be toned down. Looks absolutely beautiful in that picture.

Looking at it again, I think the dark eye shadow is already applied, but the bright lights kind of tone it down.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #1505
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Have to agree the face is looking better.

All the pics seems to suggest that the hand/saw is one piece. At least it looks like they are fused together in the last pic. If so, is it possible to remove the jacket?
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #1506
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I mean, not to be a downer (and thanks to Shane for posting) but that's the prototype and they've told us many times that the way a prototype is built is not the same way that the factory builds the production pieces.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #1507
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I mean, not to be a downer (and thanks to Shane for posting) but that's the prototype and they've told us many times that the way a prototype is built is not the same way that the factory builds the production pieces.
Thanks for the insight. I guess "arm-gate" can be put on hold.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #1508
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I thought the same. I said a while ago the dark eye makeup was the only thing throwing off the portrait. Luckily for anyone who orders, it will likely be toned down. Looks absolutely beautiful in that picture.

Looking at it again, I think the dark eye shadow is already applied, but the bright lights kind of tone it down.
Yea it's hard to tell from the pic. I think the eye liner is added but there seems to be a lot less of the eye shadow above the eye.

These small details can make a huge difference. definitely a case of less is more.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #1509
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

For the record I'm no expert on Women's make up so I'm finding it difficult to explain what I mean But clicking between the 2 images..wow! the heavy eye shadow puts years on Rogue! Looks so fresh without it
Old 08-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #1510
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Have to agree the face is looking better.

All the pics seems to suggest that the hand/saw is one piece. At least it looks like they are fused together in the last pic. If so, is it possible to remove the jacket?

Based on these pics the jackets will be removable. I’m assuming you’ll have to put it on yourself when assembling it. Looks like you just slide the right sleeve on, put the left arm in the left sleeve and then peg it in.

If the prototype is anything to go on, there’s probably a S shaped steel rod coming out from the fist that goes up through the arm and into the body. It looks like that may peg into a steel shaft that’s hidden in the saw arm.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote