Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #431
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Clark View Post
I'm a bit confused (unsurprisingly) received my notice from SS that my Shazam is enroute with an expected delivery of Thursday. Not sure how this is possible if they haven't reached the docks yet...
Sideshow containers come in separately. They have a lot more containers than Tweeterhead does
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #432
George Clark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Sideshow containers come in separately. They have a lot more containers than Tweeterhead does
Makes sense - glad there are much smarter people on this forum to guide me!

Really looking forward to this statue!
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #433
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am getting my statue from my LCBS who would be getting it from Diamond (I would think it is coming from Diamond). I wonder if their shipment might be coming separately from the Tweeterhead statues like Sideshows does.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:10 AM   #434
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am getting my statue from my LCBS who would be getting it from Diamond (I would think it is coming from Diamond). I wonder if their shipment might be coming separately from the Tweeterhead statues like Sideshows does.
Yes it is. Diamond is a large distributor and can fill and ship a crate quicker than TH. But moving forward we should definitely see a shift where the exclusives get shipped out before the regulars editions do.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #435
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I have mine fully paid including $125 shipping....I tried to cancel mine but Tweeterhead want to keep 25% for cancelling...a high percentage but i thought I'll do it....but then i found out they wanted 25% of the statue cost AND the shipping cost...WHY?

I'll go along with the bullsh!t of a restocking fee...for a statue that isn't even in stock and 18 months in the making but 25% of shipping that I've paid UPFRONT...come on...

People knock Sideshow but i know i can get a full refund from them if a statue is 3 months overdue including NRD...

No more PO's from TW for me. I'll go 3rd party or pick up on ebay on release.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #436
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Yes it is. Diamond is a large distributor and can fill and ship a crate quicker than TH. But moving forward we should definitely see a shift where the exclusives get shipped out before the regulars editions do.

YAY!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #437
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I have mine fully paid including $125 shipping....I tried to cancel mine but Tweeterhead want to keep 25% for cancelling...a high percentage but i thought I'll do it....but then i found out they wanted 25% of the statue cost AND the shipping cost...WHY?

I'll go along with the bullsh!t of a restocking fee...for a statue that isn't even in stock and 18 months in the making but 25% of shipping that I've paid UPFRONT...come on...

People knock Sideshow but i know i can get a full refund from them if a statue is 3 months overdue including NRD...

No more PO's from TW for me. I'll go 3rd party or pick up on ebay on release.
Yeah I was going to order the new Superman from Tweeterhead but they wanted $125 to ship to Canada. Sideshow charged $50 to ship Shazam! to Canada. Tweeterhead have to figure this out if they want everyone to order through them
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:40 PM   #438
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Chad posted this on Facebook a few hours ago

"Hey, everyone! We have a few shipping updates to share.
We have been working hard to bring you products as quickly as we’re able, but unfortunately, there is a backlog at the ports which is causing delays. This means that Shazam and Cheetah are going to be here a little later than expected. As of today their projected dock date is the 27th. We’re also anticipating delays of Darkseid (currently scheduled for March 7th) and Hordak (scheduled for March 8th).
As always, we will keep you updated and we thank you for your patience!"
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #439
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Got my Shazam! Today. It’s really great. I think the portrait is better in the production pieces than in the proto. There is a little bit of overspray of red in the belt area and the lightning pieces don’t fit super snug in the base, but overall very well done
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #440
George Clark
Justice League

Shazam arrived this morning. Impressive statue to say the least. Totally sold on the whole TH line - such quality and imposing statues. Can't wait for Darkseid next month and looking forward to Black Adam (and whoever else Chad offers up). Just a few quick pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shzm1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	137283   Click image for larger version

Name:	shzm2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	137284   Click image for larger version

Name:	shzm.jpg
Views:	95