Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2022, 06:04 AM   #541
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
It reminds me of Mr. Mxyzptlk. I kinda recall the website listed it was about to come out at the time I placed the order! Then time went on....and on..... and on..... The story was that orders were so low that it was something like a low priority at the factory given the small order. I forget how late it was, but it eventually arrived and without an art box (not that I cared) due to it not being worth the cost to print such a small number of art boxes.

Is the ES for Black Adam known? It's been a long time, but I am thinking Black Adam was put up for PO, then disappeared shortly after from the site, then later re-appeared? I think sales of Shazam were not stellar, so I was suprised Chad moved forward with Black Adam. Surprised he didn't go the way of Gleek, the Wonder Twins, Hawkgirl, and Steppenwolf.
ES is definitely lower than the others according to their site. 2.0 was put back up for PO right in between the Skeletor bust and Teela which are both now shipping I believe. Looks like he?s going from Q2 to Q4 according to Sideshow?s site, which proves he?s not a priority. Seems weird that he?s never at any conventions whatsoever, like they?re not even trying to promote him. Speaking for myself, it?s very frustrating pre-ordering the original two years ago and Tweeterhead not making it a priority to go ahead and get this thing out and then putting other pieces ahead of it, with barely any updates at all. Even if the ES is low, you still have customers who have paid their money and deserve their return.
tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:05 AM   #542
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

“He arrived at the port Friday. He will ship as soon as he arrives to our warehouse.”

This is the email I got from Tweeterhead when asked about my Black Adam purchase. I got this response July 3rd. Not sure what to think. I have a few thought’s.
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:45 AM   #543
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgunner View Post
?He arrived at the port Friday. He will ship as soon as he arrives to our warehouse.?

This is the email I got from Tweeterhead when asked about my Black Adam purchase. I got this response July 3rd. Not sure what to think. I have a few thought?s.
Well, that?s something at least. Can?t remember how long it was in between port arrival and ship time with Supes but it should be similar right?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:57 AM   #544
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

Thing is it’s not at SDCC and the news letter is a whole different response.
Old 07-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #545
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Thing is it?s not at SDCC and the news letter is a whole different response.
And I ordered mine through the TH website not Sideshow. Looks like I?ll be waiting a while longer.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:35 PM   #546
tethrox

Quote:
?He arrived at the port Friday. He will ship as soon as he arrives to our warehouse.?

This is the email I got from Tweeterhead when asked about my Black Adam purchase. I got this response July 3rd. Not sure what to think. I have a few thought?s.
Yeah I’ve gotten a couple different responses after contacting them that were obviously said to appease, but weren’t true. Finally got to a point that I don’t believe anything they say, like the update about him in the latest newsletter. Fool me once…
Old 07-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #547
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

Where is Black Adam? Please put some info out.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #548
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Superman just came out this month. Give them time to catch up. Hopefully we will get a newsletter on Friday with an updated schedule.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:35 PM   #549
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I'm a huge Captain Marvel fan and I'm pretty tired of modern interpretations of him that have him looking like an enforcer for a mafia family. I've been looking for a Captain Marvel statue forever and I had high hopes for this one but this portrait just doesn't interest me at all. If you're not going to give us CC Beck, then give us Jerry Ordway or Dale Eaglesham!

Hoping Tweeterhead takes another crack at the Big Red Cheese as part of their 2.0 revamp, and Mary too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ordway.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	152371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eaglesham.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	971.3 KB
ID:	152372  
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:59 PM   #550
tethrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrenchcoat View Post
Superman just came out this month. Give them time to catch up. Hopefully we will get a newsletter on Friday with an updated schedule.
Not sure if you’ve read any of the above post, but the 2.0 version went back up for PO in between Skeletor and Teela, which the latter people are starting to get. Has nothing to do with getting caught up, it’s the fact he’s never talked about or updated and is always the only one missing at Cons. No matter what spin you put on it, the fact is, he is not a priority, period.