Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #441
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The Vision does look awesome!!! I agree about Joss. I can only dream about how amazing the X-Men movies would be and how amazing they'd look if Joss Whedon was directing them. Joss at the helm of an Imperial Guard movie would be a dream come to life for me...
Just getting Gladiator on screen for a minute would be awesome.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #442
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Just getting Gladiator on screen for a minute would be awesome.
Yeah, it would be amazing...but I'm more greedy than you are...I want to see Gladiator as a major role in a whole movie...or three!

I think Liam Hemsworth bulked up would be a good choice to play Gladiator...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #443
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Who is the dude?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #444
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Yeah, it would be amazing...but I'm more greedy than you are...I want to see Gladiator as a major role in a whole movie...or three!

I think Liam Hemsworth bulked up would be a good choice to play Gladiator...
I had to look him up. Not so sure. He's got a generally good look for Gladiator, but the jaw and chin are key points where I think he falls a little short.

Just in writing this, I'm struck with an optimistic feeling that Gladiator will happen. Thinking about Guardians and the path Marvel seems to be on, since they don't have the rights to X-Men or Spider-man, these lesser knowns have a good chance of happening. I mean, Ant-man for god sake! Even though Gladiator is primarily X-Men, I think Marvel would still be able to use him since he's not a mutant.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #445
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I had to look him up. Not so sure. He's got a generally good look for Gladiator, but the jaw and chin are key points where I think he falls a little short.

Just in writing this, I'm struck with an optimistic feeling that Gladiator will happen. Thinking about Guardians and the path Marvel seems to be on, since they don't have the rights to X-Men or Spider-man, these lesser knowns have a good chance of happening. I mean, Ant-man for god sake! Even though Gladiator is primarily X-Men, I think Marvel would still be able to use him since he's not a mutant.

I sure hope so. If Joss Whedon took on a Gladiator and the Imperial Guard movie, I would be so giddy, I might have a stroke! As far as who could play the Strontian Powerhouse, I think Liam Hemsworth's jaw and chin are fine. Gladiator doesn't have a lantern jaw, so I think Hemsworth would look good. I'd like to see them CGI the purple skin and the Mohawk, to see how that would look. Even if they didn't CGI the skin color, I still think the Mohawk would look best as CGI. Wow...sorry for hijacking this thread...back to the Avengers The Age of Ultron.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #446
Thor57
Teen Titans

Liam Hemsworth wouldnt make a good Gladiator for me. Not sure who would, but dont see Liam in the role. Need someone more commanding.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #447
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Liam Hemsworth wouldnt make a good Gladiator for me. Not sure who would, but dont see Liam in the role. Need someone more commanding.
My original choice after seeing 300 several years ago, was Gerard Butler. When he was in the helmet, it looked so much like Gladiator's Mohawk, that I thought, WOW! He'd make a great Gladiator! I then saw him being mentioned online by others as a good choice to play Gladiator too. My only concerns now would be that he's getting a bit older, and Gladiator shouldn't look old, since he doesn't really age. And, Butler is a little shorter than Hemsworth. I still think Hemsworth would need more muscle, and some coaching on how to play the part, but I think he could pull it off. Man, it's fun to talk about the possibility of a cinematic Gladiator!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #448
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Official synopsis released.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/av...opsis-revealed
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #449
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator