Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #491
grphyx1
Kingpin

If there is an ES on Tweeterhead's website, that is the amount being produced and sold directly from Tweeterhead. There is a regular edition that other retailers sell and it does not include the numbered certificate

Include:
Classic Comic Cover Numbered Certificate
Hand Numbered Backstamp
Only available at tweeterhead.com

I don't know how many of the Ruby version of catwoman exists as she was a second unnumbered run.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:28 PM   #492
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The Catwoman I ordered was the most recent one. So other than the exclusive runs, since statues are not numbered the Wonder Woman statue might have more statues actually produced than the Martian Manhunter statue which might not have as many as Superman, etc.

Also, I know that towards the end of Rocky's Vault a bunch of Bowen statues were put up for sale that were #1. There were Bowen fans who were upset over this because they felt that the #1 editions were being held back so there was never a chance of getting one. Will low numbers be held back or will buyers have a good chance of getting one.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #493
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The Catwoman I ordered was the most recent one. So other than the exclusive runs, since statues are not numbered the Wonder Woman statue might have more statues actually produced than the Martian Manhunter statue which might not have as many as Superman, etc.

Also, I know that towards the end of Rocky's Vault a bunch of Bowen statues were put up for sale that were #1. There were Bowen fans who were upset over this because they felt that the #1 editions were being held back so there was never a chance of getting one. Will low numbers be held back or will buyers have a good chance of getting one.
The ruby edition catwoman is an unnumbered LE. I'm sure that somewhere there is a total.

Low numbers are irrelevant. Statues don't get painted in the order that they are numbered. Early on I know that as an incentive to purchase direct from them, TH matched numbers on a few of their lines. I know of the Munsters. It got too involved once they got the DC license. To that end I am unaware of anything being held back, I know that they even offer slightly damaged boxes and statues for sale at discount prices.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #494
mmk123

I do agree with you that numbers are irrelevant. It is kind of a surprise to get a low number however if a character is in demand (like Bowen's YellowJacket or Havok) I do think that the the amount a person could get for a low number you could get the same amount for a higher number.

There are still a number of collectors though that do want the lower number and will use that as a selling feature.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #495
Gothamite
Phoenix

Tweeterhead isn't sitting on Number 1s. Someone was selling his #1 Batwoman and Batgirl on eBay not too long ago.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=73
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #496
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do agree with you that numbers are irrelevant. It is kind of a surprise to get a low number however if a character is in demand (like Bowen's YellowJacket or Havok) I do think that the the amount a person could get for a low number you could get the same amount for a higher number.

There are still a number of collectors though that do want the lower number and will use that as a selling feature.
Yeah I tend to avoid those sellers and I totally get the drive from a collecting POV. I do know of people that only collect the low numbers.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #497
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Tweeterhead isn't sitting on Number 1s. Someone was selling his #1 Batwoman and Batgirl on eBay not too long ago.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=73
I am glad to see that. I do remember that post on Ebay now that I see it again
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #498
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Did they mention when the super powers Batman would go up for preorder?
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #499
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
17th of July according to their last Facebook Live.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #500
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Probably after SDCC. I remember him saying in the last video that they want to have him and some others ready by then to show.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote