Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #511
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I know that Chad is concentrating on the Super Powers line, Batman 66 and the Wonder Woman TV show line but I see nothing wrong with stepping out and doing a character like Harley who might not fit in a particular line per se and producing a statue that really captures the character. I know that Randy Bowen did other characters that were not in the Marvel Universe. If Chad would want to produce a modern Batwoman statue or a matching Super Sons (Damian and Jonathan) set or Booster Gold, etc I say go for it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #512
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This one looks great, but I hope that somewhere down the line they revisit Harley with just a standing pose holding her hammer/mallet. I know that won't be any time soon, but it would be nice to get a classic Harley statue that isn't so tall.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #513
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that it has less to do with characters from a certain era and more to do with how people most remember these characters looked/more "classic" look.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #514
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
This one looks great
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
but I hope that somewhere down the line they revisit Harley with just a standing pose holding her hammer/mallet.
+1

As good as the statue is, I just don't picture Harley with a jetpack when I think of her, just because she wore one on a panel. It's what's keeping me from getting the statue.

Yeah, yeah, there are tons of statues of her doing the hammer/mallet thing. Doesn't mean I own all of those nor that I'm as interested in them as I am in this line. Harley collectors will no doubt welcome the variety it offers, though.

But let's face it: even though Harley's one of the few characters that could bear an eventual revisit, it would probably not be in her classic outfit.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #515
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that it has less to do with characters from a certain era and more to do with how people most remember these characters looked/more "classic" look.
I thought so too. Even though this is called the “superpowers” line, I thought they are having a little bit of flexibility as to which characters to make and which version of the character they are making as seen by bud & lou, harley being made and having polls for which version of characters (starfire) to be made.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #516
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
I was not aware of that. I guess I figured that it was more based on the classic late 70's/early 80's look but that does make sense.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #517
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Era, Schmera... This is gorgeous
Love everything about it and it turned out great. My favorite Tweeterhead statue that I own...ok the only one I own so far but she's great!
broncofan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #518
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Era, Schmera... This is gorgeous
Oh, of course it is. I just don't personally need it in my collection -yet. But I'm allowed to change my mind at any time. LOL. That's all I meant. She's not essential to my display, but the piece is amazing.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #519
xforce
Hydra

Do you have a date when your new web site will be live? Will you be accepting paypal with the new site?
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #520
xforce
Hydra

Chad, Will you be announcing the dates that the ex are closing as you did with Superman and Wonder Woman?
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote