Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #471
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'm going to make a prediction that even in the best of aligned samples, where the gap is as tight as possible, it's still going to look like someone took a sharp 2B pencil and drew a line across her neck.

It may not be the gaping, shadow filled chasm that Karnis got, but imagine someone drawing a line in pencil across the neck of any of your other statues.

At least you got a nice refit in production to console you.
I bought a Tena control set for my kit this past summer, but the aztecing paint scheme is daunting me, and it looks like people are painting this in sub assemblies so there isn't the luxury of building the whole thing up and then painting it. I really should break the ice on it soon though.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:53 PM   #472
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
I made it a point to take them a slightly above & below eye level....for no particular reason, of course.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:06 AM   #473
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'm going to make a prediction that even in the best of aligned samples, where the gap is as tight as possible, it's still going to look like someone took a sharp 2B pencil and drew a line across her neck.

It may not be the gaping, shadow filled chasm that Karnis got, but imagine someone drawing a line in pencil across the neck of any of your other statues.
My main concern is reflected on the very first pic I posted several pages back. Examine the width of the gap, then look at the hair on her shoulders...there's not a whole lot of clearance left there it seems to me, assuming the head it supposed to sit lower in the neck joint.
Not to mention the clunky seam at the waist and the ill fitting left boot.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #474
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
And on the other hand, I'm sure there are people that are just tired of dealing with issue after issue after issue with these companies.

I mean two pieces are coming out at the same time, and both seem to have issues based on the pics that have been posted so far. It doesn't put a good taste in my mouth at all, and I don't even have my first TH piece in hand yet. But, you're right, I should just sit and clap my hands in joy that I may be getting a statue with a hideous neck seam that I have to display on the ground level not to see.
Or, you could knock off the smart-ass and wait to see what you get before jumping on the ------wagon like the rest of the lemmings. If there is an issue, Chad and Debbie will take care of it. Even if you've never bought a TH statue before, you can read the forum just like everyone else to see how they bend over backward to make sure the customers are happy. As much as you're on this forum, you should know better than to get sucked into this nonsense.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #475
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hey, thanks for being condescending. Appreciate it.

Happy holidays!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #476
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
All's quiet now after a busy Christmas day with family so I took a few pics for you guys before I sealed it up for return. I snapped a few pics from my workbench & all I did was crop off excess head room, no flash, no color adjustment. The last couple are my 1/6 scale statue display w/ flash for context. R-click on the image, open it in a new tab & you can see it full resolution. Really nice statue except for the neck seam on mine, & the left leg refuses to go fully into the base. Its been 24 hours so it's at room temp now....it ain't a-goin' in & I ain't a-forcin' it. As you can see the neck seam on mine is pretty ugly. Hopefully it's a one-off defect & everyone else's comes out better than mine did. Enjoy, discuss...and play nice. ;-)

Wow, the Jim Lee Superman looks amazing compared to the horrible promo pictures. What is the blur Batman statue from?
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #477
Karnis
Blue Falcon

That's an old FAO Schwartz exclusive Batman statue, 1/5 scale, about 14.5" tall. Matches up well with the TH pieces since they are oversized for true 1/6 scale.

The Jim Lee Superman turned out way better than expected. I wasn't really interested until I saw it at my LCS. It's a bit larger than previous DCDS pieces & displays very well w/ the TH SG.

Thanks!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #478
generalzodlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hey, thanks for being condescending. Appreciate it.

Happy holidays!
I get that it's easy to get sucked into the hype--good or bad--for a piece, but we've both been collecting long enough to know not to succumb to it. Maybe the disappointment in seeing you, as long-time collector, act that way came off condescending, but that doesn't make what I said less true.

Happy Holidays to you as well!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #479
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I get that it's easy to get sucked into the hype--good or bad--for a piece, but we've both been collecting long enough to know not to succumb to it. Maybe the disappointment in seeing you, as long-time collector, act that way came off condescending, but that doesn't make what I said less true.

Happy Holidays to you as well!
I disagree. Being that I don't really know much at all about the company or how they run their business, I'd say it's pretty normal to be worried about something you're not familiar with, or have no prior experience with.

If we were talking about Sideshow or Kotobukiya whom I've been buying from for years, then I would agree with you.

Anyways, I look forward to Friday's video, where hopefully the issues are addressed.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #480
generalzodlives

I think you'll find plenty of people that have done business with them come to their defense when it comes to how they take care of their customers. Skim through the threads here and you'll see for yourself. It make take awhile since Tweeterhead doesn't have the amount of people a company like Sideshow does, but they've always made it right when it comes to issues with their products.