Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 11-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #511
Fremen
Birds of Prey

And that's why I pose them once and leave them.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #512
Luminous
Cyclops

Honestly, I now see that these figures are not the worth hassle.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #513
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Maglor's pics.

Hot Toys Batman Toyfair Exclusives.

Looks like the costume is deteriorating.

My heart would ache so bad if this happened to me. It's even an EXclusive.
damn is this a common issue with batman?
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #514
demonhunter
Kingpin

A few local collectors here in Malaysia said their Batman suit is still okay because they placed them in at cool areas in the house with moisture absorbers.

It's a case by case occurrence.

But I doubt Maglor(if that's his Batman) placed his Batman next to the oven in the kitchen or next to the window in his room.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #515
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
A few local collectors here in Malaysia said their Batman suit is still okay because they placed them in at cool areas in the house with moisture absorbers.

It's a case by case occurrence.

But I doubt Maglor(if that's his Batman) placed his Batman next to the oven in the kitchen or next to the window in his room.
My batman actually had some of that "grainy" texture straight out the packet (i.e. not weather related), just signs of it right above the Bat symbal.. but was only noticeable on close inspection, but I guess that already means it's more succeptible to it - though it hasn't gotten worse.. it's to bad there isn't something to treat the "rubber", well I'm sure there is, but a collector shouldn't have to go to those extremes
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #516
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Hopefully mine will survive the upcoming Australian summer.

All the other issues I had with mine, surely I deserve a break somewhere along the line...

Seriously though, I hope Hot Toys have other plans for the upcoming Keaton Batman, and the inevitable DKR pieces as well for that matter.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #517
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
And that's why I pose them once and leave them.
The climate is so dry and consistent our city I doubt that you would have an issue with the Batsuit deterioration unless it is an inherent issue with the source material.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #518
HICKS
The Spirit

just got mine amasing piece
HICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #519
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Dude - that looks like someone abused poor Bruce. Honestly, looks like someone used a solvent cleaner on the costume. Weird - I live in Texas and we pride ourselves on being the hottest most humid place north of hell and my HT figs all look great.
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #520
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mildly disappointed

I just got this figure for Christmas. It's okay, but definitely has some problems.

First, the right ankle on mine is just broken. I managed to peel back the rubber enough to expose the plastic ankle, and a large piece is broken off. I superglued it back on, but the ankle is still very loose. Since I pose my HT figures once and leave them, this isn't a huge issue for me, but annoying nonetheless.

Second, the suit is really loose on the figure. It feels like the Batman is wearing an XXL suit when he should have bought the medium. The rubber is also very thin.

Third, all the joints feel fairly loose. I can't really pose Bats in any other position except standing with arms by his side. If I raise the arms, the tension from the rubber suit just pushes them back down.

Fourth, one of the cape-mounting holes in the suit is missing the hard plastic "washer" that the peg is supposed to snap into, so I can only attach one side of the cape. Luckily, I managed to use one of the rubber "washers" that was already attached to the cape peg as an alternative. So after several minutes of struggling and cursing, I managed to get the cape attached. But I don't want to even look at it wrong as it might pop out. I put the Batman head on the figure to help lock the cape in place.

Again, since I pose my figures once and leave them, most of these problems are things that I can live with. Bats still looks fantastic as a display piece. No problems with the rubber on mine and the face pieces swap out fine. But this is definitely not a "toy" by any stretch of the imagination. I'm afraid to touch it now that I have it in a standing position.
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote