Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

1st of the year

Hey, guys! So, even though my resolution this year was to stick to Invincible OA and finally score an Ottley commission, I've optioned to add to that. I've set up a number of commissions for ECCC (my Ottley commission finally) and actually have an artist working on a 1/1 STATUE! A 9" tall statue! That's gonna take 6 months, but, I should have it by my bday in June hopefully!

So, an artist named Ian Glaubinger did these for me. I really wanted to share the experience. Ian is a print artist. He's done some really cool stuff and I'm actually in a commission group where he's tackling the BTTF trilogy. This guy works fast, does good work, has impeccable communication skills, and went out of his way, based on my positive comments and my support of his work online, and did these for me. I got Omni-man and Allen through his Etsy page when he offered sketch cards (these are 6"x6"). I was so impressed that I wanted to add a few more, but, he had closed his sketch card list until the spring due to the newly hatched commission work. Ian appreciated my kind words and offered to do a few more cards for me (helps he likes Invincible). So, yeah. Here they are.

L to R Cecil, Angstrom, Allen, Invincible, Robot, Omni-man
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

hey man, great stuff.

who do you have lined up for pre-show pieces for eccc? I've been eyeing that list and haven't seen too many offerings aside from Felix's crew. for now all i have set up is some color work from alex sinclair.

Also how did you get find the artist for the statue commission?

pm me if you like if you don't want to publicly divulge your secrets
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
hey man, great stuff.

who do you have lined up for pre-show pieces for eccc? I've been eyeing that list and haven't seen too many offerings aside from Felix's crew. for now all i have set up is some color work from alex sinclair.

Also how did you get find the artist for the statue commission?

pm me if you like if you don't want to publicly divulge your secrets
Ha! No secrets here, man, we're family!

So far, Ive got Ottley, Granov, and Perillo set up for ECCC. I asked Baltazar but he said he'd do a sketch for me at the show. There will be a lot of headshots hopefully, my potential list for that is big (Young, Ramos, Herrera, Englert, etc).

The statue is by an artist named Blain Hefner. I own an original painting of Omni-man he did last year for a comic themed art show. I didn't realize he actually made statues until a few months ago. I emailed him and was able to be 2nd on his list. Originally my collection idea was to have comic artists contribute to my Invincible collection and have print artists contribute to my Natural (my favorite film) collection. So, Perillo is doing a Natural piece for ECCC, but, since Hefner did my Omni-man, I asked for a companion statue. He was really pumped about the idea, as am I. The statue is gonna be in the $500 ballpark.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

wow. great price for a statue commission. definitely would love to see how it turns out. I've been considering a statue commission for the longest time but haven't figured out how to best approach it.

great lineup that you have set up for eccc. that list is awesome filled with a ton of new talent. definitely a show that i look forward to virtually attending every year!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

a great start to the new year man for sure
Old 01-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
definitely a show that i look forward to virtually attending every year!
if you need anything picked up, ill be there friday and will be happy to help.

i requested my character today with Granov. gonna be soooooo badass.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
if you need anything picked up, ill be there friday and will be happy to help.

i requested my character today with Granov. gonna be soooooo badass.
thanks dude. I got my buddy cam already hooking up the help for eccc. he'll be the big guy plowing over people for punisher commissions if by chance you run into him.