Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hulk SMASH!!! - The Incredible Hulk statue by Art Asylum

Hi guys,

this weekend I have been able to add the Marvel Milestones Incredible Hulk statue (#735 / 2,500) made by Art Asylum to my collection and I am truly, truly happy with it!

I had been thinking about adding one of the new exciting Hulk statues made by Bowen Designs to my collection but when an opportunity presented itself to get the Art Asylum Hulk instead, I just knew I had to get it!

This piece really does justice to the Incredible Hulk: it is big, heavy, very dynamic and it shows Hulk doing what he does best when he is angry: demolishing his opponent and wreaking havoc!
The paintjob on the statue and base is great just as the level of details: I love the veins you can see on Hulk's biceps, the angry and determined look on Hulk's face as well as the details of the robot Hulk just smashed in his anger and rage.

I may not be objective anymore but IMHO this statue truly is a milestone and I am very proud to have it in my collection.
I will post some pics below but before I do that I would like to thank Ronald for allowing me to add this incredible statue to my collection: Thanks a million Ronald; it was great to see you again; you truly are a cool guy in my book. Two thumbs up for you!

Have fun with the pics; I hope you will enjoy them. Remember though that when you look at the pics you will not do anything to make Hulk even madder
since if you do, he might turn his attention to you... And believe me, you do NOT want that!

"Caught in the blast of gamma radiation, brilliant scientist Bruce Banner is cursed to transform in times of stress into the living engine of destruction known as THE INCREDIBLE HULK."

Background Info
Robert Bruce Banner was the son of an alcoholic who deeply hated him. Banner's mother showed much affection for her child, who returned her love, but this only served to fuel his father's rage.
Dr. Brian Banner was an atomic physicist who worked on producing clean nuclear power as an energy source, but he was afraid his exposure to it mutated his son's genes. Bruce showed signs of high intelligence at an early age which strengthened his father's belief.
Brian became abusive to Bruce and when his mother intervened, Brian murdered her.
He frightened Bruce to keep quiet, but his own bragging landed him in a psychiatric institute.

As a child Bruce was withdrawn, possibly developing a split personality to help deal with his pain and rage. His only happiness came from spending time with his cousin Jennifer Walters. Bruce found it hard to develop friendships and often found himself on the receiving end of physical abuse at the hands of school bullies. One such incident sparked him to build and plant a bomb in the basement of his school. The bomb was a dud, and Bruce was expelled, but the military took notice of his genius. Eventually, Bruce earned a doctorate in nuclear physics and started a career with them.

Man or Monster
Supervising the trial of an experimental gamma bomb that he designed for the U.S. Defense Department at a nuclear research facility in New Mexico, Bruce selflessly rushed to the rescue of an ignorant teenager who had wandered onto the testing field as the countdown ticked inexorably toward zero.
After shoving young Rick Jones to safety in a nearby ditch, Bruce was struck full-force by the bomb blast.
He survived, but was irradiated by the deadly gamma energy.

At first, Banner would transform into the brutish gray Hulk only at sunset, and revert to human form at dawn. Eventually, his changes into the childlike green Hulk came to be triggered by the release of adrenaline when he was intensely excited, no matter what time of day.
The green Hulk possesses little of Banner's memory and intelligence, and is easily enraged; making him a menace to society.

Since Banner's initial transformation into the Hulk, military forces commanded by the implacable General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross – Bruce's one-time benefactor – have hunted him continually. Hulk continued to make more enemies within the military such as Major Glenn Talbot as he and Bruce constantly competed for the affections of Ross' daughter, Betty.

For a short time, Banner successfully treated his condition with radiation and was able to maintain enough of his own personality when he became the Hulk to control himself in that form. Subsequently, he earned the government's favor by destroying the alien Metal Master and received a presidential pardon.

Powers and abilities

Bruce Banner
Banner is considered one of the greatest scientific minds on Earth, possessing "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."
He holds expertise in biology, chemistry, engineering, physiology, and nuclear physics.
Using this knowledge, Banner creates advanced technology dubbed "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. Some of these technologies include a force field that can protect him from the attacks of Hulk-level entities, and a teleporter.

Hulk
The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger.
This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets."
After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." Hulk's strength has been depicted as sometimes limited by Banner's subconscious influence; when Jean Grey psionically "shut Banner off", Hulk became strong enough to overpower and destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught.

Writer Greg Pak described the Worldbreaker Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth."
His strength allows him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed superhuman speed.

His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper.
Hulk is resistant to injury or damage, though the degree to which varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures, nuclear explosions and planet-shattering impacts. Despite his remarkable resiliency, continuous barrages of high-caliber gunfire can hinder his movement to some degree.
He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds.
As an effect, he has an extremely prolonged lifespan.

He also possesses less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, or unwilling transformation, grow stronger from radiation or dark magic and to see and interact with astral forms.
Some of these abilities were in later years explained as being related; his ability to home in on the New Mexico bomb site was due to his latent ability to sense astral forms and ghosts, since the bomb site was also the place where the Maestro's skeleton was and Maestro's spirit was calling out to him in order to absorb his radiation.

The Hulk is also able to generate omnidirectional bursts of kinetic energy that completely destroy the planet he is standing on.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Rainer

Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Great pictures Rainer and im happy you like it so much,it really is a great statue and i think very underated.
It was great meeting you again and thanks for the two thumbs
Enjoy the statue.

Greetings Ronald
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
GAMMA HULK 75
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Smile

I also have this piece nice and large and heavy just like the Hulk should be, nice pictures
GAMMA HULK 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Cool Pics Rainer--this has always been a favorite Hulk statue of mine, great sculpt. I wasn't wild about the 90's hair but that's how they drew it then.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

What is the scale of this piece comparing to Bowen hulks?
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
What is the scale of this piece comparing to Bowen hulks?
body 1/6, head 1/14
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote