Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Man, wouldn't this be nice to be able to see an artist here try to explain how their schedule is more important than the money they take for our commissions and say it will be done in 90 days then turn around after 6 months and say sorry I don't give refunds for late work.
I live by taking jobs and finishing on time, in 14 years of being a contractor I have yet to not complete a job on time and budget. Imagine that
Old 12-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #12
Sam
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Ken and I were in the same boat at the same time. I kept my piece for about 3 months and just couldn't stand looking at it and sold it. I saw him at Heroes Con the year before last and he only showed up the last day and sat around strumming on a guitar the whole time. Jerk.
What he said. I kept my commission for a few months longer, but only because it took that long to sell it. Virtually no communication and while he did eventually do the work, it was not the dynamic piece that I expected (especially when compared to other work he was doing at the time) and left me feeling very flat from the entire experience. I won't commission him, or buy anymore of his art, again.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Samhain, considering Ethan replied here earlier were you able to speak to him or work on resolving the issue?
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

somehow evs managed to do these that started late September. but probably didn't get to yours or the other outstanding commissions....

http://boards.collectors-society.com...065220&fpart=3
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #15
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I got Original Artwork from Ethan waaaay back before he was the name that he is now just starting out on Impulse. Only cost me $50 for a beautiful ppage featuring Impulse & Batman. No middle man, direct for him & he chuck in an awesome free sketch of Impulse too! plus signed some comics for me.

I know though that time can change, plus add in the success he had
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #16
Mfinn123
Hydra

I had a lot of trouble with him - very late....did not enjoy the experience for many reasons
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #17
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Maybe EVS will shift things up seeing all the discontent here on the forum. Prob not, but, maybe.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #18
samhain88
U talkin' to me?

Ethan has contacted me through the forum. But really, the fact that he can't even narrow down what commission I'm talking about makes me think he has collected A LOT of money from people and is leaving them hanging with almost zero communication and false promises. I am currently Private messaging 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE who all have said they have receved hardly any communication and one goes all the way back to MARCH.

Then I see people on Facebook posting sketches he's done for them at conventions, meanwhile people who have spent literally hundreds of dollars on a sketch are left high and dry waiting 6 months to a year for a drawing from Van Sciver. It's not right. A little communication, and update every few weeks is all people need. Ethan, if you do happen to read this. Do everyone a favor. Just update people on the status of their sketches. Lord knows how many people you would actually have to message. You've must have made a TON of cash...
samhain88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
Ethan has contacted me through the forum. But really, the fact that he can't even narrow down what commission I'm talking about makes me think he has collected A LOT of money from people and is leaving them hanging with almost zero communication and false promises. I am currently Private messaging 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE who all have said they have receved hardly any communication and one goes all the way back to MARCH.

Then I see people on Facebook posting sketches he's done for them at conventions, meanwhile people who have spent literally hundreds of dollars on a sketch are left high and dry waiting 6 months to a year for a drawing from Van Sciver. It's not right. A little communication, and update every few weeks is all people need. Ethan, if you do happen to read this. Do everyone a favor. Just update people on the status of their sketches. Lord knows how many people you would actually have to message. You've must have made a TON of cash...
Paying with PayPal should give you the traceability of any transaction. Putting in the description what it is for. That way you can always refer to the transaction.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #20
samhain88
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Paying with PayPal should give you the traceability of any transaction. Putting in the description what it is for. That way you can always refer to the transaction.
past the 45 days, there's nothing the person paying can do about it.
samhain88 is offline   Reply With Quote