Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
This was inevidable with the ---- storm called DC... I dropped everything DC like 1 year ago. I also dropped everything Marvel, i washed my hands from American Comics.

I just get action figures here there, now.
Pretty much the same here. Though I will give a shout out to the first arc of the new Thor relaunch. This one caught me by surprise and was very, very strong.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Stand behind what I said. This forum right in its name implies it’s “mostly” about statues. I have a whole wall full of statues. Zero are based on comics.
Yes, this forum is a statue forum, not a comics forum. I have multiple (four floor to ceiling) walls full of statues and, opposite from yours, they at 100% based on comic books. To each his own and I applaud your collection as it obviously brings you happiness.

It’s ancient history now but this forum started up after Bowen Designs forum shut down. After developing statues for DC Comics and others, Randy Bowen secured a Marvel license and exclusively produced Marvel Comics statues for years. His work largely is credited for launching the mass market pop culture (mostly comic book based) statue industry. Many of us who are at this forum migrated from BD’s forum and comic book statues (including from DC and others) are the basis of what we collect. For many here, had there been no comic books to spark our love in these characters, there’d be no statue hobby for us.

This is not to imply you’re an outsider. Quite the opposite. We love having all statue (and other media, like comic books, blu rays, etc.) collectors here. So keep doing what you’re doing and more power to you! I’m just trying to help explain Jerry’s and many of our perspectives and point of view to your valid counterpoint.

Last edited by wktf; 09-26-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixing typos...sigh.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #23
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Yes, this forum is a statue forum, not a comics forum. I have multiple (four floor to ceiling) walls full of statues and, opposite from yours, they at 100% based on comic books. To each his own and I applaud your collection as it obviously brings you happiness.

It’s ancient history now but this forum started up after Bowen Designs forum shut down. After developing statues for DC Comics and others, Randy Bowen secured a Marvel license and exclusively produced Marvel Comics statues for years. His work largely is credited for launching the mass market pop culture (mostly comic book based) statue industry. Many of us who are at this forum migrated from BD’s forum and comic book statues (including from DC and others) are the basis of what we collect. For many here, had there been no comic books to spark our love in these characters, there’d be no statue hobby for us.

This is not to imply you’re an outsider. Quite the opposite. We love having all statue (and other media, like comic books, blu rays, etc.) collectors here. So keep doing what you’re doing and more power to you! I’m just trying to help explain Jerry’s and many of our perspectives and point of view to your valid counterpoint.

Exactly without comics there would have been NO Bowen Designs and DC Direct, Sideshow and everyone else who came out of the woodwork making statues and busts. Randy should take some serious pride that he developed and ruled a huge marketplace for many . many years. Sadly all good things must come to a end and statue collecting and even comic collecting has waned for many of us. But it is what brought this group together .
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
Exactly without comics there would have been NO Bowen Designs and DC Direct, Sideshow and everyone else who came out of the woodwork making statues and busts. Randy should take some serious pride that he developed and ruled a huge marketplace for many . many years. Sadly all good things must come to a end and statue collecting and even comic collecting has waned for many of us. But it is what brought this group together .
Couldn’t have said them better.