Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #211
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm not going to bag on anyone for liking it, but to me that piece is a compositional nightmare. The old Bowen is honestly the best Moon Knight in any scale still and that's saying something considering the level of sculpting around today.

As for Ghost Rider, the XM is the standard and the Bar is set fairly high. If SS or IS do Ghost Rider I'll be expecting a lot.
If either do Ghost Rider i'd take something less than what XM gave us.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the XM one, n ot enoguh to drop the cash on it, again it's a fine statue but when you're dropping that much money and giving up that much space it has to be perfect and for me clear resin would have made it perfect. As it is i'm not sure, but again I've never seen it in hand i'm sure it would blow me away...but man i would have loved it to be clear resin...

So i'd take a more museum/semiaction pose with a detailed demons/angels/fire/chains base...i don't think they have to match up to XM and include his bike...i'm thinking something like Prime 1s Doom statue...

Just the character getting some love would be great
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #212
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
If either do Ghost Rider i'd take something less than what XM gave us.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the XM one, n ot enoguh to drop the cash on it, again it's a fine statue but when you're dropping that much money and giving up that much space it has to be perfect and for me clear resin would have made it perfect. As it is i'm not sure, but again I've never seen it in hand i'm sure it would blow me away...but man i would have loved it to be clear resin...

So i'd take a more museum/semiaction pose with a detailed demons/angels/fire/chains base...i don't think they have to match up to XM and include his bike...i'm thinking something like Prime 1s Doom statue...

Just the character getting some love would be great
I couldn't buy the XM either, too much money and space, like you said, but it is impressive. I do agree, the flames are a little cartoonish since they aren't translucent, but I think they were afraid for structural reasons, which I get.

Neither Sideshow nor IS need to be as emmense as the XM, but I expect a really glorious realistic sculpt if they do try a Ghost Rider.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:02 PM   #213
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
I couldn't buy the XM either, too much money and space, like you said, but it is impressive. I do agree, the flames are a little cartoonish since they aren't translucent, but I think they were afraid for structural reasons, which I get.

Neither Sideshow nor IS need to be as emmense as the XM, but I expect a really glorious realistic sculpt if they do try a Ghost Rider.
Hopefully with all these new versions of existing PFs like Surfer, Daredevil, Deadpool, X-men etc and new PFs like Dr Strange....combined with the talents of the Kuchareks and Daniel Bel at the helm....Sideshow could do something to impress for sure.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:10 AM   #214
PacMan3000
The Spirit

So I'm thinking about picking this one up. I'm more impressed with it the more I see it.

Do we know if this statue is all one piece? Or is the head a separate piece from the rest of the body? I can't quite tell if the neck area has a seam for the detachable head, or if it's just a molded suit seam and this is all one piece?

And on another note...why no Luke Cage 1/4 statue?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:05 AM   #215
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ok so we had a great IS Punisher, now a great IS Daredevil. Has anyone heard who is next? Moon Knight would make sense I think.
Yup, Moon Knight would be fantastic. I'd get that for sure.

Quote:
If they do Moon Knight and it isn't like the mess that XM did I'll probably snatch that up too.
Quote:
Pose was meh, the proportions were off and the textures were all over the place and didn't accent the sculpt well.
Agreed. That crouching pose on the XM Moon Knight hid all the details. I would prefer a better pose.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #216
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

I'm so glad I got my PO in on this one finally, can't wait to pair this with XM Kingpin!
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:34 AM   #217
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
And on another note...why no Luke Cage 1/4 statue?
By all mean yes if he looks like this

Or this (how looked in my childhood)

But definitely not this
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #218
Mister H
Gen 13

Definitely the classic Cage. The last version just looks like some guy.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #219
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his look in that first photo.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #220
XMAN
Ultron

Final payment for this is October 5th.....Really looking forward to this one
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote