Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #51
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Wonder if 1:3 scale is exclusive to PCS.
Prime1 is a Japanese company right?

I don't think PCS has any rights to Japan and only recently commented they can sell to Asian territories.
I can't imagine them letting whitey have anything exclusively.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #52
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Wonder if 1:3 scale is exclusive to PCS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prime1 is a Japanese company right?

I don't think PCS has any rights to Japan and only recently commented they can sell to Asian territories.
I can't imagine them letting whitey have anything exclusively.
PCS's focus seems to be mixed-media 1:3, so maybe fully sculpted is available.

And yeah, the Japanese thing occurred to me too. Maybe Prime 1 will do smaller scale (1:6 and smaller) more for the JP market? Does Prime 1 have any history with that scale?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #53
COI

Wow, crazy timing on this announcement.

PCS has some work to do.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #54
qz33
Rescue

PCS could improve their customer service but their clout with factories for production I don't see changing.

Problem is most of their customer service is caused by the factories; people want refunds for delays and replacements for quality control.

I just can't figure out a way for them to work it to where this isn't a likely disaster.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #55
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
It all depends on Prime1. If they start cranking 1/4 game files then that will blow a serious hole in PCS's Ultra appeal especially finally does anything in an action pose, as Prime1 seems to have a better handle on the production side of things.

And just in case: My comment wasn't meant to indicate that PCS would quit because of Prime1 but that IF anything changes that would be the only thing; Prime1 would have to grab enough market to starve PCS. PCS isn't going to try and "compete" with Prime1 like some sort of race.

I'll say this for certain. the company that produces the most iconic, accurate, and recognizable in game sights will be the one with the most interest.

But who knows Prime1 may sit on this for a year and do nothing...
I still wouldn't think a 1:4 scale, game-accurate line would bother PCS much. PCS Ultra is dynamic action. Has Prime 1 done that sort of thing? And even if it is comparable action 'print-outs', PCS would probably remain more collectible (ES) and better priced.

But, you know, I guess since Prime 1 would deliver it one year sooner than PCS, and you'd keep it your whole life, and say you're 30 now, and die when you're 80, you'll have the Prime 1 version for 50 years, and only have the PCS one for 49...

(Not taking issue with you specifically qz, just ribbing the 'delivery time' mindset for a minute. )
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #56
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

I don't see it affecting PCS much at all. There's room for both based on some assumption about what Prime 1 might do. Different approaches to art style, pricing, ES, media type, etc.
I decided to pass on the 1/3 Chun as soon as I saw this announced. I feel like I'm not the only person who would have made that exact same decision.

This announcement has 100% affected pcs in some ways.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #57
qz33
Rescue

Yeah I get it.

The delays don't bother me but I'd imagine it will definitely start to bother PCS.

Delays don't keep me from appreciating, wanting, or buying a piece but they have begun to keep me from Pre-Ordering which is the part of the process of most interest to PCS.

Jerry said the industry has changed and he wasn't sure he wanted to change with it. Well I'm not so sure even if he wanted to change that PCS could.

All statues are available after PO and even after delivery so I can just wait to see what happens. For me once I get past my favorites, a line as a going concern becomes important to me.

But still if people really felt what they were receiving was identical to what was advertised many more would be forgiving of the delays.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #58
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
PCS's focus seems to be mixed-media 1:3, so maybe fully sculpted is available.

And yeah, the Japanese thing occurred to me too. Maybe Prime 1 will do smaller scale (1:6 and smaller) more for the JP market? Does Prime 1 have any history with that scale?
I haven't seen P1 do anything smaller than 1/4 and I can't imagine it.

PCS doesn't seem to have a focus. Yeah maybe jerry's focus is the 1/3s. After Sagat they could probably do 2-3 more from Jerry's list and that is it.
But they don't know if they want to do "V-Trigger" 1/6s, museum 1/8s, Mixed Media 1/4s, 1/4 action printouts, or 1/3 Mixed Media.
It's all over the place because PCS no longer has the ability to dictate what collectors will buy.

People have been into SF Mixed Media because PCS was pretty much the only company making good SF statues and that happened to be what they made. Once you get past simple Gis and men's pants mixed media really has a problem duplicating these characters. Pilgrim Gouken may be my favorite use of Mixed Media on any statue but thats the exception.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #59
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Problem is most of their customer service is caused by the factories; people want refunds for delays and replacements for quality control.
Not true in my opinion.

The biggest problems people are having regarding customer service are caused by not replying to customers at all or in a timely manner and because of some - at least - questionable business decisions (no refunds despite huge delays, not taking care of the kanji situation, etc.).

These are things that need to get sorted from Jerrys / PCSs side.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #60
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

More license giveaways could mean a healthier competition and more options for the collectors.

One things for sure is Prime1 is priced more and that could mean bubble is more inflated for this line.

If Prime1 continues with museum poses, then this line will be un-exciting.
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote