Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-17-2023, 02:19 PM   #651
qz33
Doctor Doom

The book is to be released soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
One of prime1s best, congrats brother

One of the things I like best is how it reminds me of the joe jusko trading card, I loved that series

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:35 PM   #652
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I always loved the sculpt on this, but never cared for the big base. That cape seems to break quite often too. I'm surprised SS didn't take advantage of the hype and make their own version. I still want a 2099 in the collection. If SS doesn't make one in the next year, maybe I'll fold and get this.

Although I'm just giving them around 3 months to reveal something. And either I'll get this or skip the character in my collection.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:19 AM   #653
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Some valid concerns for sure. Still, XM's version was way too dark and I just don't feel confident SSC will give us one anytime soon. I was thinking of getting a custom potentially but decided to just go with this one because I love the figure sculpt and colors.
As much as the value on that XM 2099 has dropped, it may be worth getting and having a simple repaint done on it. I have considered that as well.

I have seen some decent customs as well, but I think Prime and XM are still better. I definitely prefer the XM base and thicker cape sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Although I'm just giving them around 3 months to reveal something. And either I'll get this or skip the character in my collection.
Hopefully, we see something at SDCC from them. If not, then yea, they probably won?t do one for awhile.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote