Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-16-2024, 01:22 AM   #11
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Great addition to your collection!
I really like how Jordan did Lady Death's hair. The sword is also great too.
Thanks so much. I do love the hair as well =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 12:06 AM   #12
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So, I've been on a long hunt to find a colorist who I thought could do this piece justice when last night the original artist posted this image up from someone he knew who had colored this as either just a practice piece or a favor to him. And WOW! I'm really floored by how great this looks.

I've since contacted the artist about these colors, and he hooked me up with the original hi-res digital art file, a reference link to the online printer he makes his own art prints with, and I've already made waves to get this printed by them and then framed with the OA by my local framer guys to have everything done by the end of the summer =)

I haven't posted this to my CAF account since I don't have anything tangible in my hands yet. But I figured you fine folks here are professional and would appreciate my hype, and maybe would give me some advice/share experiences of your own in getting a custom print made for framing =)

Colors by Oracle (Instagram link to his account)

DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:59 PM   #13
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm zero help with any info on getting prints made from digital files since I haven't made the trek into digital art. But I do want to to say, I very much enjoy this color up!

My only recommendation would be is to have the original linework and the colored art printed in the same size because it will make the framing look clean.

On another note - I do want to hear from those who have purchased printed art that is only digital. How did it go? How does it look? I love several current X-Men artists who are doing all their main work digitally (i.e., Russell Dauterman) with OA "AP" pages one-time printed upon order. I'm scared to take the plunge when the cost is the same as traditional pencil, but given its digital how do I know more copies aren't being made?!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote