Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 10-25-2015, 12:37 AM   #251
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks for the pics. I got mine still in Pile of Loot at BBTS. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Can't wait to complete this diorama and for the Akuma - Ken -Ryu dio.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #252
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

great acquisition bro!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #253
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I got my Evil Ryu from BBTS its an awesome statue..I couldn't have it sit in my pile of loot any more. It has nice detail and no paint issues..Its a really bold statue in person. Its one of my favorites statues now. Im not even a primary 1/6 collector. Its now November 1st and I hope Oni comes out soon so I could pair them together..for display..

Its a Great Statue. You'll Like it...
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #254
dajuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
I got my Evil Ryu from BBTS its an awesome statue..I couldn't have it sit in my pile of loot any more. It has nice detail and no paint issues..Its a really bold statue in person. Its one of my favorites statues now. Im not even a primary 1/6 collector. Its now November 1st and I hope Oni comes out soon so I could pair them together..for display..

Its a Great Statue. You'll Like it...
It is killing me that my statue is sitting in the Pile of Loot. Ahhhhhh!!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #255
gogo13

Lol..I feel for you ... have it ship.. with BBTS you paid the shipping already.. The next item you order will still have the discount as though you have a pile of loot. BBTS is awesome..

Oni coming soon so you could display them together. You got your hands on one. Sharp eye. Collectors forget there are not alot in stock at BBTS. Ther only 300 made world wide and the number on my statue is in the 200's.. so I guess there less a hundred left in US.

Its sold out in Kinequittes website. So its good you have one for your collection.. Some will miss out on this awesome statue..

Oni coming soon ...
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #256
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Lol..I feel for you ... have it ship.. with BBTS you paid the shipping already.. The next item you order will still have the discount as though you have a pile of loot. BBTS is awesome..

Oni coming soon so you could display them together. You got your hands on one. Sharp eye. Collectors forget there are not alot in stock at BBTS. Ther only 300 made world wide and the number on my statue is in the 200's.. so I guess there less a hundred left in US.

Its sold out in Kinequittes website. So its good you have one for your collection.. Some will miss out on this awesome statue..

Oni coming soon ...
This statue is a killer! I moved away from 1/6th scale statue a few years ago, but this statue pulled me back...and I thought I will never look back.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #257
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Glad you guys are liking him. Looking back, we wish there were things we could've done even better. Oni is shipping soon and we hope that we can keep improving with each piece and bring you the best that we can.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #258
dajuice

I just received this statue yesterday and here is my take on it:

Overall I love the statue. The positives are

1) it's Street Fighter
2) the great pose
3) the energy and emotions from it
4) the awesome-looking fireball
5) the details

Here are the minuses:

1) Part of the hair fell out. I don't think it was a break. It was the glue no longer holding. I just reapplied some glue and good to go. No biggie.

2) The fireball flame ends were jammed into the styrofoam and taking it out required me to break off pieces of the styrofoam in order to not break off the flame pieces. It wasn't resting in the package but the fireball was anchored to the styrofoam by having the pointy flame ends dig themselves into the styrofoam which could cause breakage when shipping or even taking it out.

3) The above 2 are minor nitpicks but the paint could have made this an A+ statue. I feel the paint is very flat and dull. I understand the roof base is flat and dull to give it an old weathered roof but since the character is the one that is on display, a livelier paint should have been used. Livelier meaning a little more bright and shiny paint. When I look at the statue as a whole, it looks like it was left out in the sun and neglected for a long period of time. With a livelier paint on the character, it will make this whole display pop.

Overall, I don't regret buying it and look forward to your next projects but I hope you guys consider my points.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #259
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajuice View Post
3) The above 2 are minor nitpicks but the paint could have made this an A+ statue. I feel the paint is very flat and dull. I understand the roof base is flat and dull to give it an old weathered roof but since the character is the one that is on display, a livelier paint should have been used. Livelier meaning a little more bright and shiny paint. When I look at the statue as a whole, it looks like it was left out in the sun and neglected for a long period of time. With a livelier paint on the character, it will make this whole display pop.
Just fyi, the paint was a deliberate creative decision by Kinetiquettes. They mentioned before that they viewed Evil Ryu as somewhat "dead"(or something like that), so they didn't want a "lively" paint job.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #260
gogo13

Hi Dajuice.

Nice review Dajuice. I'm glad you got the Evil Ryu from your Pile of Loot. I also forgot why Evil Ryu was painted so Dark and Dull. LoL

I later remember the Great review Maxcollector made on Youtube. The dull color was to depict an Evil Ryu.. He is now dead inside. The lively Ryu has changed to the dark side. . Made perfect sense the dull color skin. I like this Statue even more understanding there artistic approach..

Glad you like the Statue, Dajuice.. : )

I think this statue is pretty incredible. I hope Oni in stock before Christmas.