Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #971
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylace View Post

I actually have been thinking of that logo, and wondering if it would could be adapted in a way that works with future high quality Jurassic products. I have always loved it, and it would probably translate to a great bust relief and plaque.

There are a ton of options out there - and a ton of pieces that can utilize them. But I do think nailing the the display can go a long a way when it comes to the products appeal.

I have always been a fan of sleek and streamlined, at least when possible and appropriate. However, aged and weathered rock does work well for TLW considering the films logo and tone.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #972
jimmylace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
I actually have been thinking of that logo, and wondering if it would could be adapted in a way that works with future high quality Jurassic products. I have always loved it, and it would probably translate to a great bust relief and plaque.

There are a ton of options out there - and a ton of pieces that can utilize them. But I do think nailing the the display can go a long a way when it comes to the products appeal.

I have always been a fan of sleek and streamlined, at least when possible and appropriate. However, aged and weathered rock does work well for TLW considering the films logo and tone.
Seems a natural fit, I agree. Something like thx217 posted as a base, done in this style, would have the wow factor.
jimmylace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #973
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylace View Post
Exactly. I didn't post my suggestions on their FB page for that reason- I'm glad the company listens, cares about the fans, and strives to make a great product (unlike a certain flagship statue company I know of!)

If not a more minimal base, I really hope they lose the bottom portion of the circle, and give us a bigger bar with accurate font. From what i've seen of their output, this is the only time i've felt something was below their usual high-standard. And don't get me wrong, that T-Rex head is a beaut.
I agree, bigger bar with accurate font would be better. Just keep the yellow around the circle and outer edge of bar, not over the logo/bar.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #974
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Waiting for Paul to tell everyone that theyre an expert, and to relax until its finished, as he likes to tell his customers.

I think the base looks fine to be honest. Doesn't need anything else. It fits. If Universal approved it, I think they know what theyre doing.

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #975
ChrisLikesDinos

Does anyone know where this picture came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I think the base looks fine to be honest. Doesn't need anything else. It fits. If Universal approved it, I think they know what theyre doing.
I agree that it looks good (albeit the wrong typeface) - but I will say, Universal approved Raptor toys without sickle claws and only noticed months later. They have a spotty record with that type of stuff.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:22 AM   #976
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Waiting for Paul to tell everyone that theyre an expert, and to relax until its finished, as he likes to tell his customers.

I agree about the base I think it looks great as is, change the font though if it's wrong. I don't agree about universal knowing what they are doing though, as they've already proved there are actually quite clueless when it comes to jurassic park (at least the people Paul have been dealing with are)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #977
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

It's over to Universal for approvals, as soon as it's approved we'll have it up for pre-order.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #978
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Awesome, any progress with any Raptor items you can share?

How about Hammond's cain? Was that still in the works?
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #979
ChrisLikesDinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
It's over to Universal for approvals, as soon as it's approved we'll have it up for pre-order.

Paul
Awesome.

Can't wait to see the pro-shot pics!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #980
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Our 1/20 Roaring Rex got approved!
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote