Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #11
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Has anyone seen the trailer for Black Panther? Does that look like a comedy to you?

I enjoyed Thor and I thought the humor was great. The first scene seemed a bit forced but other than that, I enjoyed it. When I first read comics as a kid, they were fun to read, they weren't all serious. That's what I got out of Thor, a fun comic book movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
And that is really what they are going for. Something the majority of people will like. I was happy with it because it put a smile on my face. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think a lot of viewers need to take a step back and enjoy the marvel movies for what they are - just fun popcorn comic movies. Like... I'm sorry you feel that adding humour to a comic movie makes it bad... but maybe realize that you just saw Thor fight Gladiator Hulk in front of the Grandmaster. In a movie. It was awesome.
I agree. Too many movies have gone with the dark theme and it is being over done. I don't mind the lighter tone of this movie at all. In fact, it is refreshing to see this done to a A-list character(s).

I am sure there will be plenty of dark theme in the next 2 Avengers movie.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
And that is really what they are going for. Something the majority of people will like. I was happy with it because it put a smile on my face. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think a lot of viewers need to take a step back and enjoy the marvel movies for what they are - just fun popcorn comic movies. Like... I'm sorry you feel that adding humour to a comic movie makes it bad... but maybe realize that you just saw Thor fight Gladiator Hulk in front of the Grandmaster. In a movie. It was awesome.
Which is fine but I bet many who like these comedies will poo poo the DC movies for not being true to the character. After seeing s many of these Marvel comedies, I’m surprised Green Lantern got so many negative posts.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Which is fine but I bet many who like these comedies will poo poo the DC movies for not being true to the character. After seeing s many of these Marvel comedies, I’m surprised Green Lantern got so many negative posts.
Well I have't seen Thor yet, but Green Lantern got negative posts because it was Stupid, not because of comedy.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #14
Mister H
Gen 13

Yeah, I’m a big GL fan, and that movie was a stinker. Tom Strong was THE perfect choice for Sinestro though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Tom Strong was THE perfect choice for Sinestro though.
Nah, he's too heroic looking:

Mark Strong, on the other hand, did really look the part.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #16
Mister H
Gen 13

Doh!
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #17
built2shred
Phoenix

The humor might rub comic book fans the wrong way but based on the money they're making Marvel is hitting it's mark with the general public audience and that's where the money is.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, now the 2nd one, the first 20 mins I wasn't sure it seemed a bit forced but the rest of the movie did have me laughing pretty hard, so overall the 2nd Guardians movie was pretty good IMO.

They kind of tried to go dark with Thor 2 and that was a mess.... I think the only company that can really take Marvel material to the dark side is Fox, Deadpool and Logan were awesome and I'm hoping Fox will reboot the X-Men with an R-Rated version this time... If any material is perfect for going R-Rated, it's the X-Men.

Disney has taken the family approach with all their Marvel licenses and they have made billions from it, I doubt they will change anything now.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #18
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I was disappointed in Thor ragnorak. I’ve been reading superhero books for a while and I’ve never seen the level of comedy in the books that are in the movie. I’d like to see superhero comics more serious. Winter soldier was , IMO, the best marvel movie. comedy was subtle and the story was great as was the action.
Agreed...Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie, and my favorite super hero movie so far.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #19
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah, I’m a big GL fan, and that movie was a stinker. Tom Strong was THE perfect choice for Sinestro though.
Agreed! I can't think of anyone who would have been better...
Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #20
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Nah, he's too heroic looking:

Mark Strong, on the other hand, did really look the part.
LOL! I didn't even catch that...which isn't like me.