Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #41
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
It’s definitely gone way too far. You can make a kid friendly movie that has a few jokes and is still a good, well constructed story- any of the Cap films for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
And that is really what they are going for. Something the majority of people will like. I was happy with it because it put a smile on my face. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think a lot of viewers need to take a step back and enjoy the marvel movies for what they are - just fun popcorn comic movies. Like... I'm sorry you feel that adding humour to a comic movie makes it bad... but maybe realize that you just saw Thor fight Gladiator Hulk in front of the Grandmaster. In a movie. It was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I agree. Too many movies have gone with the dark theme and it is being over done. I don't mind the lighter tone of this movie at all. In fact, it is refreshing to see this done to a A-list character(s).

I am sure there will be plenty of dark theme in the next 2 Avengers movie.
Count me in regarding this line of thinking. I saw Ragnarok for the second time last night and both enjoyed the movie and had a few belly laughs.

Not every film needs to be Dark Knight, Old Man Logan, etc. just like not all comics are dark and brooding tales. When I read a lot, I enjoyed both the darker toned stories as well as the lighter tales. It's not either/or for me.

This whole notion of MCU going in the wrong direction baffles me. These are great movies, high budget films that are blowing up the box office. They are well-written with great continuity and very entertaining. For those of use that grew up on the 70's and 80's this is exactly what we dreamed of and I just can't wrap my head around the hating that I see (not that there is a lot of it really) and when I do I imagine an old crotchety fart with a rolled up 12 cent comic shooing them darned youngsters off my lawn.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #42
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Count me in regarding this line of thinking. I saw Ragnarok for the second time last night and both enjoyed the movie and had a few belly laughs.

Not every film needs to be Dark Knight, Old Man Logan, etc. just like not all comics are dark and brooding tales. When I read a lot, I enjoyed both the darker toned stories as well as the lighter tales. It's not either/or for me.

This whole notion of MCU going in the wrong direction baffles me. These are great movies, high budget films that are blowing up the box office. They are well-written with great continuity and very entertaining. For those of use that grew up on the 70's and 80's this is exactly what we dreamed of and I just can't wrap my head around the hating that I see (not that there is a lot of it really) and when I do I imagine an old crotchety fart with a rolled up 12 cent comic shooing them darned youngsters off my lawn.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #43
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Yes
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote